2 '02 Yellows on eBay

You guys are all pretty sharp.

2 cars on eBay are obviously the same car. $22K in Comptech upgrades. 1 car in L.A. the "other" in San Diego. 1 posts the VIN the other does not.

What's up with that ? Anybody ?

Quite a few frauds out there these days. I had my Imola Orange up for sale in the Fall on Ebay and towards the end of my auction, some fraud had my car up for sale at the same time. Not sure what their angle is other than maybe to run and hide with the deposit money.

I was Rococo but couldn't seem to figure out how to quickly change my name when I bought my '02 Imola orange. I decided to add a new name. I'm one in the same though!

I don't get it though.

Back then, what, Sept, you bought a brand new Orange NSX only to sell it almost immediately and 2 weeks or so ago you are the high bidder on an '02 Orange NSX on eBay.

Let me guess. You loved it so much after you sold it you had to try to buy another one ?

What's up with that ? (You'll HAVE to admit it smells rather odd)

What in the world smells odd about it? I had dissonance in selling my Imola and when I noticed the Imola a few weeks back come up on ebay, I figured I had nothing to lose by placing a bid that was lower than what I sold my old one for.

Amazing that a few people on this forum continue to be "negative" thinkers.

Why not think this: "Too bad he decided to sell the Imola '02. I sure hope he decides to rejoin the NSX owner's group again and wish him luck as the NSX is a superb car."

Wouldn't be more pro-active and less pessimistic? I will admit one fault of mine in being rash in making decisions. I lost over $4K in selling my '02 Imola and don't care to repeat my poor decision making.

If you really can't figure out what I'm up to, why not ask me directly rather than airing out your negative thinking here on the forum. I'll be glad to give you my phone number if you really feel the need to question me.

[This message has been edited by Imola (edited 11 February 2003).]

It is amazing here that I post my real experiences with regards to a possible fraud on Ebay, and all I get from NSX-GUY are questions about me and why I changed my name. I DON"T tolerate speculation very well and especially when it isn't accurate. Here I am staying active on this forum purely for the enjoyment of being a part of the NSX community and hoping to rejoin, and all I get are silly questions about my name change among other things.

Answer this NSX-GUY, if you sold your NSX for reasons that later turned out to be not so important, wouldn't you miss your NSX????

Too bad Imola decided to sell the Imola '02. I sure hope he decides to rejoin the NSX owner's group again and wish him luck as the NSX is a superb car. Especially with NSXPO 2003 only eight months away, in Imola's back yard!!!

Hey Imola, welcome back!
wink.gif

Wow, what a warm and affectionate welcome back! Thanks NSXTASY! Your positive outlook is greatly appreciated and I couldn't said it any better myself!

Originally posted by Imola:
Wow, what a warm and affectionate welcome back! Thanks NSXTASY! Your positive outlook is greatly appreciated and I couldn't said it any better myself!

Yours was one of the auctions that I was watching closely on E-Bay, wishing that you were on the East Coast, I really wanted to take a look at an Imola up close, and would have considered that as one of my top choices in color. I seem to remember from the description that you were a reluctant seller, now as an owner I can understand, sure hope that you're able to rejoin our ranks!!!

What NSX did you end up buying RPM217?

He bought a new yellow one from his local dealer. Got a nice deal on it, too.

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 12 February 2003).]

What NSX did you end up buying RPM217?

I leased an 02 Yellow, 6spd, with keyless entry, and CD changer, I love it. I had the V1 remoted into the rearview mirror, and laser difuser built into the front. I can't wait for the weather to break (today it's going to be around 20 degrees, and wind gusts to 50mph), so I can take the top off. I had a 2000 C5 convertible (also yellow) and I loved it, but this car is pure finesse compared to the vette, which I call pure brute force. I hope that you're able to rejoin our ranks soon, your old car was gorgeous!!!

RPM217,HELP!I just read you had a V1 and laser difuser built in,can you give info on that?PLEASE!I JUST GOT A TICKET 30 MIN. AGO
mad.gif
he clocked me on his laser 77 in a 65.did the dealer install it?how much$
thanks in advance,randall

[This message has been edited by randall (edited 12 February 2003).]

Originally posted by randall:
RPM217,HELP!I just read you had a V1 and laser difuser built in,can you give info on that?PLEASE!I JUST GOT A TICKET 30 MIN. AGO
mad.gif
he clocked me on his laser 77 in a 65.did the dealer install it?how much$
thanks in advance,randall

I have a place called Mobile Extreme that does custom audio and stuff installation in cars. They remote the valentine and put the display in the rear view mirror, by laser cutting the glass and mounting the display inside the case. The new Blinder laser diffuser is due out in 2 weeks, and they will remove the K40 diffuser, and replace it with the new model for the $50 cost difference, plus $60 for the installation time. The whole thing cost me $1,600, but in my humble opinion it's worth it, driving around in a NSX is a ticket magnet, I had gotten stopped in my yellow vette convertible 4 times over the past 3 years for no other reason than to see who was driving and to hassle me. A client of mine gave me a detective's shield and some corroborating ID that seems to help. By the way, the 4 times I was stopped was for no other reason than the one previously stated. I wasn't speeding, or driving recklessly, it was just to bust my chops. Remember, a good detector/diffuser isn't a guarantee against being stopped, or receiving tickets, but it sure helps to tilt things a little bit in our favor. Good luck in fighting the ticket-

[This message has been edited by randall (edited 12 February 2003).]

Imola,

First of all, I already have your name and phone number but I probably won't be calling.

Secondly, I was not the first one to be suspicious of any of your actions, there were a number before me.

I seem to recall an NSX (blue one ?) that I believe you "saw" for sale somewhere and told the board it sounded like a good deal and then it turned out you had some personal interest in the car (or was it yours ?) Not so ?

Then, you buy a brand new Orange NSX around Sept and sell it less than 6 (?) weeks later (at a $4K loss as you say above), then your handle changes on this board, and then, when another Orange NSX shows on eBay, you're the high bidder.

And you wonder why somebody thinks this series of events is "unusual" ?

NSX Guy ,

Look at my post on this forum. this is probably the Yellow NSX. Unfortunatley, I have lookes this car over and it has had a serious paint job

Rod

Back