1st year anniv./finally new member

Hello all, first of all I wanted to express how excited I am to finally become a member of such a great forum!:biggrin: I would also like to thank everyone here for unknowingly helping me to realize my dream of owning such a robust work of art. I have been in the shadows her for quite some time, as I did not meet the email address requirements at the time and man have I gotten a 1st-class education! I am celebrating my 1st anniv. with the "Red Rocket", although I am considering a different moniker since I was reminded of an early episode of South Park.:redface: After a long search I finally pulled the trigger on JH4Na1152MT000720. It's a red/blk '91 93,726k as of today and completely stock for now. And by that I mean completely! So I factored in def. maint. on top of little maint. recds. got the PPI done and got the car for what I feel was a great $. It was a one owner car and everything came with it including the orig. window stkr. and as a bonus the rare black NSX hstry & devlpmnt book in near mint cond.! The only two bugs I have had since I've owned it are the ccu has quit on me (BrianK will be taking care of this), and my lft light will no longer pop up (I've read threads on this and hope it's just the relay and not the motor, but if anyone has any feedback please let me know). Other than that it's been a joy to own. Mods to hopefully come soon. Sorry for the long post but I had to get it out of my system; I'm sure you guys understand.:wink:

Welcome to the community of NSX owners in NC. I live over in the Raleigh area. I have a roster of about 40 owners in the general NC area and we meet up fairly often. One event that will be of interest to you is a gathering of owners at Foreign Cars Italia in Greensboro. We generally do this in the spring and have plans for another meet probably in May of this year. Look for information soon about this.

Another gathering closer to Raleigh is on the first Saturday of every month at the Brier Creek Mall near the intersection of Hwy 70 and I-540. (Tomorrow) This is an event by the Triangle Italian Motorsports Group and has been drawing a big crowd of various cars. Lots of classics, collector, muscle cars and of course the Porsche Club participates along with a wide variety of Italian exotics. The Corvette club has a big showing as well as Cobras, S2000's etc. This event starts around 9 am and lasts for about 2 hours.

Come on out tomorrow morning if you can make it.

Also, PM me information with a name/phone number and I'll add you to my roster.

John

Tom- hope your lift isn't occupied by your nsx right now.:mad: By the way, do you happen to work on them? I've gotten the def. maint. taken care of for now except for the afformentioned ccu, lft headlight and speakers. I will however need to do the brake/trans. fluids and lower the car at some point and would like to find someone besides the dealership to perform the work. Fell free to PM me if you or anyone you know can help me out with this. John said he would keep me posted on upcoming events, so hopefully we all can meet up at the Foreign Cars Italia event in May.:biggrin:

Tom- hope your lift isn't occupied by your nsx right now.:mad: By the way, do you happen to work on them? I've gotten the def. maint. taken care of for now except for the afformentioned ccu, lft headlight and speakers. I will however need to do the brake/trans. fluids and lower the car at some point and would like to find someone besides the dealership to perform the work. Fell free to PM me if you or anyone you know can help me out with this. John said he would keep me posted on upcoming events, so hopefully we all can meet up at the Foreign Cars Italia event in May.:biggrin:

Paul,

Over here in Raleigh we have a certified NSX mechanic (Steve Gooding) who is the go to guy for NSX work in the area. You can search the forum and see all of the recent work he has done on area cars. Let me know and I'll send you contact information for Steve.

John

John- Thanks for looking out for me on this one! I know we don't have a cert. nsx mechanic here in town, I don't even know of one in Charlotte where I used to reside. The dealership is good for some things, but I hate to pay for someone's learning curve who is not familiar with the nsx's intricacies.:frown: Please PM me the info. when you get the chance. Thanks again!-Paul

Back