1st spirited drive today!

It's been a long winter and this was my first real spirited drive in my new NSX. Not enough heat in the pavement or tires to really push the envelope, but she sure felt good! The Taitec exhaust sounds great and I forgot how much more comfortable the NSX is at speed than the Elise. I'd love to lower it but don't think I will be able to get in and out of my driveway if I do, too bad. I took the engine cover off and I'm painting the intake manifold cover NSX-R red and ordered a couple engine bay bits. Fun! It's good to be back...

Greetings

Glad that you went for a drive today. I don't have the weather that you have to contend with. I know how you feel today, because I drive mine to work every day. No matter if you have a crappy day, the drive home is therapy and wonderful. I hope the weather tomorrow is good enough for you to go on another drive.

Cheers,
Martin

Greetings

Glad that you went for a drive today. I don't have the weather that you have to contend with. I know how you feel today, because I drive mine to work every day. No matter if you have a crappy day, the drive home is therapy and wonderful. I hope the weather tomorrow is good enough for you to go on another drive.

Cheers,
Martin

I know what you mean. I drove my NSX to a guy's office a couple weeks ago to fix a network problem on his computers. We spent hours troubleshooting stuff and could not figure out what the problem was. I finally stopped and looked at him and said "well, you know what the good news is? I get to drive that car out there home no matter what we figure out." :biggrin:

Yea I had mine out a couple weeks back when we enjoyed a freakishly warm day in the 60's I believe. Honestly though it has gotten me all the more anxious for the permanent warm weather to get here. Another month or so....

NSX Therapy. I know what you mean.

Did you say you went from an NSX to an Elise and then back to an NSX? I'm curious why, if you don't mind. Did yours have the track suspension?

:cool:

Basically I wanted a more comfortable, practical car. I race a formula 2000 so owning the Elise was almost redundant, it's basically a street-legal race car. I had track-pack supension and many other mods (except no forced induction) on my Elise.

What is the biggest thing that you miss about the Elise?

Easy, the people I met owning it. Tight-knit community of enthusiasts. Still chat on line w/ many and see a few of them at track-days, meets, etc.
As far as the car goes: the sound, mine was de-catted w/ Arqray exhaust and CAI. Sounded like a big sport bike w/ open exhaust in the second cam.

Back