1st post: new member from N Georgia

Hello NSX’ers

This is my 1st post here, but I’ve been a lurker for some time and fell in love with the Acura NSX the very first time I ever saw one in the pages of Car and Driver. The year was 1991 and I was a sophomore in High School…I fondly remember driving my 1988 Prelude down to Nalley Acura to see if they had received one yet. Sure enough, sitting on the showroom floor was a 1991 red NSX and to this day it remains the most stunning car I have ever seen. The sales staff humored my adolescent questions and even provided me with a brochure. I was in heaven.

Since that fateful day cars have come in gone, but reality and other priorities have kept my dream of NSX ownership only a dream. I’ve yet to own an NSX, but that’s all going to change in the next year as I find myself here for the 1st time as an active participant. I know what NSX I’m looking for (93-94 red, white, silver, green stock with less than 70K miles) and for the 1st time in my life have the finances to back up my desire. I’ve thought of opting for a new Ford Mustang Cobra GT500 (after the dealers back off the current 75K price tag), but it just doesn’t speak to me the way an NSX still does. I’ll defiantly be one of the guys who just stares at the car in the garage in awe…

It’s good to be here and I would like to throw out my first question:
Q: How tight is the ground clearance on the stock NSX’s? I only ask because my driveway is steep, and if I need to buy a new house for sure I need to know as early as possible. I currently drive a 2003 Honda Civic EX and a 2005 Subaru Outback 2.5XT and they don’t have any issues. Before that my wife had a stock 1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse that had about 6" of ground clearance.

Thanks and happy to be here!
Stephen

Stock clearance is about 4.5" from the front lip to the ground. Good luck on your search, you won't be disappointed.

Danny

Hello NSX’ers

This is my 1st post here, but I’ve been a lurker for some time and fell in love with the Acura NSX the very first time I ever saw one in the pages of Car and Driver. The year was 1991 and I was a sophomore in High School…I fondly remember driving my 1988 Prelude down to Nalley Acura to see if they had received one yet. Sure enough, sitting on the showroom floor was a 1991 red NSX and to this day it remains the most stunning car I have ever seen. The sales staff humored my adolescent questions and even provided me with a brochure. I was in heaven.

Since that fateful day cars have come in gone, but reality and other priorities have kept my dream of NSX ownership only a dream. I’ve yet to own an NSX, but that’s all going to change in the next year as I find myself here for the 1st time as an active participant. I know what NSX I’m looking for (93-94 red, white, silver, green stock with less than 70K miles) and for the 1st time in my life have the finances to back up my desire. I’ve thought of opting for a new Ford Mustang Cobra GT500 (after the dealers back off the current 75K price tag), but it just doesn’t speak to me the way an NSX still does. I’ll defiantly be one of the guys who just stares at the car in the garage in awe…

Q: How tight is the ground clearance on the stock NSX’s? I only ask because my driveway is steep, and if I need to buy a new house for sure I need to know as early as possible. I currently drive a 2003 Honda Civic EX and a 2005 Subaru Outback 2.5XT and they don’t have any issues. Before that my wife had a stock 1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse that had about 6" of ground clearance.

Stephen

This sounds a little familiar! I said to myself, back in 1991, "I will have one of those cars someday!" Someday occurred about 2 1/2 years ago, and I love the car. You too will have the same reward. I can hear your enthusiasm...

Best of luck in your search!

Hello NSX’ers

Stephen

Q: How tight is the ground clearance on the stock NSX’s? I only ask because my driveway is steep, and if I need to buy a new house for sure I need to know as early as possible. .

I'm in the same predicament, although I have an NSX. My drive is so steep some friends prefer to not try and come up drive way straight on unless they are in a truck. I just approach mine from an angle and then straighten it up once I get all the way on to it.
I can't lower my car for that very reason.:frown:

you are in luck!! you are in N. GA

This weekend we are having a meet in N. GA- should be about 6-7 NSXs maybe more meeting at D&B off 75N in Marietta, visit the South East forums to find more info.

feel free to drop by and SEE for yourself the clearance as well as ride or drive one....:wink:

you are in luck!! you are in N. GA

This weekend we are having a meet in N. GA- should be about 6-7 NSXs maybe more meeting at D&B off 75N in Marietta, visit the South East forums to find more info.

feel free to drop by and SEE for yourself the clearance as well as ride or drive one....:wink:

Thanks so much for the invite. I would really like to come meet the Georgia group, but think I'm gonna wait till yall head up to the mountains (I live in Jasper) and maybe I can meet up for food. Can't wait to see the NSX's of the Georgia gang.

Stephen

Back