1st generation NSX prices in 10-15 years

It’s a trick question since all gen 1 nsxs are programmed to self immolate, in order of manufacturing date, beginning 2/29/2028.

frame only made to last 30 years....

$50,000 floor for clean title no issues/stories NSX's

I am going to go out on a limb and forecast that the price will be different than the current market price - you heard it here first!

35ze3t.jpg

I think that would refer to 30 years of use and resultant metal fatigue, as opposed
to garage time. Our frame is welded aluminum.

I would wonder about longevity of the adhesives and multi-layering of "the tub" in newer cars.

frame only made to last 30 years....

I think that would refer to 30 years of use and resultant metal fatigue, as opposed
to garage time. Our frame is welded aluminum.

I would wonder about longevity of the adhesives and multi-layering of "the tub" in newer cars.

I've always wondered if the 30 years refers to the welds or just the metal.

If it's just the metal why am I not hearing about the wheels and pistons have a fatigue life in other cars?

Its 30 years of twist and shake....so sit and bake don't count ....:wink:

On to the value in 10-15 years [or about 2030].

Agreeing that last year had record prices, and if you were going to sell that would have been the time,
I think the Gen 1 NSX will drift around the prices out there now, plateau, drop -- but then continue to climb.

Here's why:
In 10-15 years, a "no bells", gas powered, stick shift, rear wheel drive car will be a complete rarity. There are hardly any now.
Add in an aluminum body, the history, rate of cars crashed, reliability, relatively low production numbers, a sense of a
"throw back" to an earlier era [something like the resurgence 60's muscle cars] and you have a limited commodity.
Keeping up on scheduled maintenance will be key. I don't think it will have to be bone stock, but matching numbers, stock engine and original paint will get the best return.
And I'm biased, of course.

red barchetta.........

So I womder hypothetically about 3 cars.

1) Stock. Lightly tastefully moded car with 85k miles. Original paint. Garaged. All maintenance updated and all below are.
2) Supercharged Lightly moded car with 350hp. 85k miles.
3) Turbo'd Lightly modded car with 400 hp at the wheels. Same miles. All never tracked.

So I womder hypothetically about 3 cars.

1) Stock. Lightly tastefully moded car with 85k miles. Original paint. Garaged. All maintenance updated and all below are.
2) Supercharged Lightly moded car with 350hp. 85k miles.
3) Turbo'd Lightly modded car with 400 hp at the wheels. Same miles. All never tracked.

I've got to ask. What's with the obsession of never tracking a vehicle? Especially with mods. Like anyone would realistically add performance mods and never drive it in a spirited fashion whether on the street or track.

Another thing that drives me insane is "never seen rain"... Well, I sure hope a car that has never seen rain has only been externally dry cleaned its entire life.

Whenever I see these things in ads, I have to suspect the seller is shady.

I agree on both accounts. Those who track their cars are, in my experience, much more likely to proactively maintain the car. The downside of tracking is increased wear on some parts but those should be part of the maintenance cycle. Another downside is damage and so I suppose there’s a risk of undisclosed but repaired damage, but then again that’s always a risk.

..all the while out running the alloy aircars ...from Tesla!!!

Back