1998 NSX-T Blue/Black automatic ONLY ONE MADE is on Ebay (JH4NA1268WT000005)

Its 5th auto for 98, not 5th for all 98.

Cool finf!

Really? I was told the last part of the VIN# was the production number for that model year, making that the 5th car built. :confused:

Either way, it is a cool car, and the only one made with that color and transmission combo that entire year.

Really? I was told the last part of the VIN# was the production number for that model year, making that the 5th car built. :confused:

Maybe it was and maybe it wasn't. If they built all of the 200-300 manual transmission cars first and then they did the automatics then it wouldn't be the case. If they started with the automatics then maybe it was. There are two 00005 cars for this year; one manual and the other is this one.

Maybe it was and maybe it wasn't. If they built all of the 200-300 manual transmission cars first and then they did the automatics then it wouldn't be the case. If they started with the automatics then maybe it was. There are two 00005 cars for this year; one manual and the other is this one.

so you are saying that the VIN's would be ENTIRELY identical but yet two different cars with different trans ?

so you are saying that the VIN's would be ENTIRELY identical but yet two different cars with different trans ?

Remember that all auto cars are NA1

There is: one na1.....0000005 and one na2.....000005

It propably goes like this:
JH4NA1268WT000005 for the 5th auto built in '98
and
JH4NA2268WT000005for the 5th manual built in '98

Last edited:

No.

Remember that all auto cars are NA1

There is: one na1.....0000005 and one na2.....000005

It probably goes like this:
JH4NA1268WT000005 for the 5th auto built in '98
and
JH4NA2268WT000005for the 5th manual built in '98

Yes, exactly. Just with the check digits and colour combo digits changed around.

Last edited:
I;m interested in buying that car but buying blind makes me a little nervous (a lot) i;m several thousand miles away if anyone has info to the extent of damage and possible repair bill and if a indepentent inspection offered on ebay would cover a salvage car ,,,,, at this time i would like to introduce myself to this board as a new nsx going to be owner and anything you guys can do to make that happen will be appreciated a have a couple of vins i would like to run by you next post thanks

Call your insurance company and see if they will even in insure a salvage titled vehicle. The car is salvaged for a reason. The total cost to repair the car was determined by an insurance company to be to high vs. the value of the car (or close to it percentage wise). That is why this car was not fixed and ended up for sale.

I;m interested in buying that car but buying blind makes me a little nervous (a lot) i;m several thousand miles away if anyone has info to the extent of damage and possible repair bill and if a indepentent inspection offered on ebay would cover a salvage car ,,,,, at this time i would like to introduce myself to this board as a new nsx going to be owner and anything you guys can do to make that happen will be appreciated a have a couple of vins i would like to run by you next post thanks

I spoke with two separate people at American Honda who said exactly the opposite of this. They said the production number (in this case #000005) has NOTHING to do with transmissions, it is simply the order the car was built in TOTAL. The American Honda version makes sense because at one point I owned a 1991 NSX that was an automatic and it was VIN#002882, and there is NO WAY they built 2882 automatic transmission cars that year. Plus, if American Honda says it, I would hope they are right. LOL!! :biggrin:

my 98 is gone... you snoose you lose ......my next choice is a 1991 with 24.000 miles originally from huntsville alabama i;m wondering why this mint car ended up in montreal quebec ca in a local acura dealer the vin # jh4n1150mt000442 ..funny things happen when transfered from U.S to canada....clean carfax asking 35,000...any info would be appreciated

I spoke with two separate people at American Honda who said exactly the opposite of this. They said the production number (in this case #000005) has NOTHING to do with transmissions, it is simply the order the car was built in TOTAL. The American Honda version makes sense because at one point I owned a 1991 NSX that was an automatic and it was VIN#002882, and there is NO WAY they built 2882 automatic transmission cars that year. Plus, if American Honda says it, I would hope they are right. LOL!! :biggrin:

If what you're saying is true then Honda probably changed their strategy later.

this is how they did it in 2005
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62909&highlight=production+numbers

Last edited:
Back