1996 Targa, 5spd, 127k listed for $24k OBO

Hey all,

I just saw this listing on Craigslist. Reading through the description it seems like a pretty good deal. I haven't seen the car in person but it looks to be well maintained and has a fair amount of recent work done. Is this the one for you?

If the owner is on Prime - don't mean to speak for you but I thought I'd post here just in case there are any lurking buyers.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/2256209854.html

Asif

I wouldn't necessarily worry about those things. I have seen quite a few NSX's in my search that have faded paint somewhere on the car, quite a bit of seat wear and tear on the seats, and beaten up chin guards.

Although it is always best to get a carfax first.

Carfax? is a joke so is Autocheck,

if the car was wrecked and the guy didnt claim it on his insurance
and took it to a body shop and paid them out of pocket it will NEVER SHOW on carfax or autocheck or any of the other sites.

but I dont think it was wrecked and as for the repaint. there are NSX's out there 20 years old and the paint looks like it just came from the factory. its all about how much you wax and take care of the car.

so this car might have sat outside all its life.

the chin mine didnt even come with one I had to go buy it new.

and the wear on the seats is totally normal with those miles.

but it neve hurts to do a carfax. and Call a few of his local Acura dealers
and see if they know anything about the cars repair history.
if you have the vin number that is

I'd need to know the extent and reasoning for the repaint. That's an instant red flag for me.

Carfax? is a joke so is Autocheck,

if the car was wrecked and the guy didnt claim it on his insurance
and took it to a body shop and paid them out of pocket it will NEVER SHOW on carfax or autocheck or any of the other sites.

Not necessarily. I absolutely agree with the fact that autocheck/carfax does not reveal all the history that you might want to look at. Your best bet is to have a knowledgeable bodyshop/mechanic take a good look at it for you. My friend had a $2K rear-end accident on his car (worth $4K) not even show up on either reports. Its been almost 1.5yrs now. The same with his other car, $1K in damages not show up in either reports again. It has been 2yrs on that vehicle as well so it shouldn't be a timing issue. Both accidents went through insurance since he got a check from 2 different insurance companies so I thought it should have shown up.

i was going to buy that car but i decided to go arizona tomorrow morning for an more legit one but who ever buys this one good luck.

the title isnt registered to the seller. thats sketchy for me. it was once listed here on prime.

also no REAL Maintenance record just based off of what he remembered...as he says..

i pass up on that car.

also when i tried to come check out the car last time he was saying he dont have any time to show me the car but his brother could due to chinese new years...ehhh if you really wanted to sell the car please be there and at least have the owner of the car to be there to sign off the title... in this case seller claims to have title signed off already all you need is smog n register. either way i had a WACK communication with seller so i decided to go for a different one.

Back