• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

1996 Red/Tan 5-speed VIN# JH4NA1187TT000012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am reducing the cost of this car by $2500 and selling it with the factory stock wheels only. I have decided to keep the SSR's shown in the photos. I also forgot to mention that she has a new water pump installed at the time of the TB by L.Bastanza.

Cost of NSX is now $32k.

This beautiful 96’ NSX is being offered here on Prime prior to it being listed next month in local want ads, eBay & craigslist.

History:
A total of 98 red/tan targa’s were produced in 1996 with a five-speed. There had been 2 owners of this beauty prior. Leased new in 1996 and 2.5 years later sold @7500 miles. The second owner kept it stock and maintained it in his car collection for 6 years to 30,000 miles. I was lucky to find this car in 2004. I knew she was cared for quite well. The car was mostly privately maintained, so there wasn’t much in the way of service records. I found later that there were not too many owners who kept records the way NSXCA members do. Main thing; was never hit and this car was cared for right from day 1. I have since owned and babied her for the last 6 years and kept all maintenance documents. She has been serviced by Larry Bastanza with all services up to date. He knows this car and engine. The car is beautiful. I can include a recent printout of a Carfax upon request.

Details:
1996 Formula Red/Tan 5sp targa. Since I have owned her, she has always been handwashed and garaged. Current mileage is 51k miles. Title and Carfax are clean. Original factory stock NSX with no body, engine or suspension modifications done. Never been in a collision.
A Comptech short shifter, racing stainless exhaust, 17”/18” wheels/tires and a built-in radar detector; are the only aftermarket modifications and these are easily reversible for future resale.

Factory and/or Dealer Options:
K-40 built-in radar, dealer installed in new car
Factory Acura CD changer in trunk

Owner Upgrades:
SSR Integral A2 wheels (17”/18”)
Recent Yokohama tires with about 800 miles on them.
Stock 1996 (16”/17”) factory wheels/tires to be included.
Aftermarket B&B stainless exhaust from R&M Racing (nice “throaty” growl at all engine speeds).

Maintenance Highlights (previous owner):
Collector owner:
Routine maintenance
Auto Works of Brandon, FL:
Routine maintenance

Maintenance Highlights (my ownership):
Crown Acura of Richmond, VA:
04/25/06: Replaced Electric Power Steering Module
09/07/06: Replaced 02 Sensors
02/27/07: Replaced 02 Sensors

Larry Bastanza, President of NSXCA:
04/24/09: Replaced Timing Belt (45k miles)
04/24/09: All 23 Hoses Replaced
04/24/09: 60k service (at 45k miles)
04/24/09: Replaced Right Axle CV Boot
09/20/09: New Clutch Master Cylinder
09/20/09: New Clutch Slave Cylinder

Vince’s Auto Body, Poughkeepsie, NY:
08/12/09: 4-wheel alignment by Al

Briank, NSX Prime Member:
09/16/09: Replaced Climate Control Board

Oil & filter changes by me 5k apart w/synthetic

Miscellaneous:
Trunk hatch struts have been replaced one year ago.
No issues with HVAC unit. Runs ice cold.
Factory Service Manual & Parts Compact Disc included

Photos: More pictures available upon request.
IMG_1199.jpg

IMG_1200.jpg

IMG_1201.jpg

IMG_1198.jpg

IMG_1178.jpg

IMG_1179.jpg

IMG_1183.jpg

IMG_1184.jpg

IMG_1176.jpg

IMG_1182.jpg

IMG_1197.jpg

IMG_1191.jpg

IMG_1177.jpg

IMG_1190.jpg

IMG_1186.jpg

IMG_1189.jpg

:smile::smile:

A Few Negatives:
The original paint is very healthy with a few of the usual stone chips on the front; nothing major, looks nice. Slight paint rub on right mirror and left side of rear bumper. The seats are original so there is some color rubbing wear on the driver's seat but no tears. The built-in radar detector has not worked since September after the climate control board was installed. Probably a loose wire in the console near the switch. I never liked the K-40 detector anyway, but I can fix it for you if you wish. Rear view mirror has two small spots on the glass. Missing tire pump from tool kit. Missing one center cap from an SSR wheel. She could use a new clutch in a year or so. It is fine now, but should be on your list for future replacement.

IMG_1188.jpg

IMG_1187.jpg

IMG_1194.jpg

IMG_1196.jpg

IMG_1185.jpg

Price: $34,500 obo

Car is located in Alpine, NJ.

I am a member of the NSXCA and would prefer to sell the car to a member and see her stay in the NSXCA family (especially in the Northeast). If you are interested in a car that has been well taken care of, this car is definitely worth looking at. If I have missed something, or if you have any questions, please send me a PM and it would be my pleasure to respond.

Thanks, Rich B.
(201) 768-2740
IMG_1202.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back