1996 comptech midnight pearl nsx???

i was thinking about purchasing my families realators nsx. it is a 1996 midnight pearl w/ 49k mile for around $40k. it has the comptech exhaust, headers, supercharger, suspension, brembro grand-turismo brakes, volk le 37's and other modifications. the car was originally from new york. the question i had was, do the older handmade comptech parts like headers and exhaust make a slight rattling noise. when i drove it the rattling went away but at idle it rattles a little. the owner said that that was typical with the handmade comptech products? also the check engine light is on because their is no cat (test pipe installed) is that typical? owner sad it checked out fine at the tuner. And last, the engine management seems to hold back when the car is floored engine seems to shut down from the boost, unless you turn off the traction control.

That noise is the supercharger. The new blower design should not do that, but the old whipple one did it, and it was normal (no need to be concerned). It only does it at idle speeds.

rasir_x.....are you going to reply to your for sale post about your Type R for sale? It's been 5 days.

Rasir,

Like Shumdit said.......The noise is from the Super Charger and it's normal while the engine is at idle. I have a 94 loaded with Comptech stuff and mine does the same thing minus the power lagg you talked about. My X pulls hard through the whole power band with no problems or hesitation.........although my Traction Control system is dis-connected. The car your talking about sounds pretty sweet. Ask to have a leak down test and comp check done before you purchase it, it's good assurance. Good luck !!

headshot99r6 said:
That sounds just like a car I saw in Minneapolis.

yeah just drove it this past weekend. probally will pick it up. just got to get rid of my type-r.

Back