1995 white targa

anyone have any info on a white/ used to be black for sale in new orleans.

vin number is JH4NA11825T000224
63000 MILES total repaint, 2002 head lights/tail lights installed
owner says clean title. curious why you would paint a black car white!!! if it was not in a severe accident....

:rolleyes:

Once you own a black car, youll realize how much of a nightmare it can be keeping it clean, and swirl free. If the current owner has owned the car for a few years, he was probably just tired of the black color and wanted something less maintenance oriented. Painting your black car white would do just that, and with all the new sheetmetal (heh, actually sheetaluminum) and parts involved when doing the 02+ swap, its a perfect time to do a paint job.

Check out the car in person, have a mechanic or a good body shop check out the car if youd like to really feel good about the car.

Are you sure this is the right vin? Double check and let me know.

Modernceo said:
Once you own a black car, youll realize how much of a nightmare it can be keeping it clean, and swirl free. If the current owner has owned the car for a few years, he was probably just tired of the black color and wanted something less maintenance oriented. Painting your black car white would do just that, and with all the new sheetmetal (heh, actually sheetaluminum) and parts involved when doing the 02+ swap, its a perfect time to do a paint job.

Check out the car in person, have a mechanic or a good body shop check out the car if youd like to really feel good about the car.
It will be so odd to paint a black car to white just because the black car is hard to keep clean. People who buy black cars because they like that color. Granted, there was no white car in 1995, it would have been a very drastic move to change color on such a car. My guess is that it had a lot of paint/body issues to start with.
Steve

That's why I'm thinking there is a problem with the VIN, let me know if you ever verify it.

whiteNSXs said:
Granted, there was no white car in 1995, it would have been a very drastic move to change color on such a car.
Interesting observation. Vanilla Ice had a 1991 (another year where white was unavailable) painted white, so it’s not unheard of. However, like you said: paint or body issues would seem to be the most likely reason.

Ojas said:
Interesting observation. Vanilla Ice had a 1991 (another year where white was unavailable) painted white, so it’s not unheard of.

But then again, it WAS Vanilla Ice, so that might help explain things. :biggrin:

hmm, not sure if that is the same car. The one in this thread has the 02 update, but that could have been done after that pic was taken. That car is also Championship White.

Modernceo said:

I got rid of my Subaru WRX for that reason! Black is beautiful, but a nightmare to keep clean. Had I held out for the blue WRX I wanted instead of the black one the dealer had on hand, I'd probably still own it. Instead, I own a Toyota RAV4 baby hauler.

dsf3g said:
I got rid of my Subaru WRX for that reason! Black is beautiful, but a nightmare to keep clean. Had I held out for the blue WRX I wanted instead of the black one the dealer had on hand, I'd probably still own it. Instead, I own a Toyota RAV4 baby hauler.

Yes, black is probably my favorite color of any car, but it only looks good if it's perfectly clean. It's such a pain to keep it that way, that it's not worth it to me.

Back