1995 nsx-t

Been looking to buy an NSX for quite a few years now. I think the time is right for me for many reasons. I found a 1995 NSX-T near Orlando Florida with the VIN JH4NA1181ST000537. Anyone have any opinion on this car. If you google the vin you can see all the ads for it...at $25995. Looks like it's too good to be true.

Thanks

Andrew

you mean this one????

http://gainesville.craigslist.org/ctd/2146605491.html

the good: well its looks great, and its a great price.

the bad: rims look like it just poped out of a 70's movie about Harlem.
and inless they show you that the timing belt and water pump have been done, dont get it. or atleast plan on doing it thats another 2500 bucks.
hoses, gaskets etc.

I also noticed they did not have the radio on, make sure that works or if you gonna go aftermarket anyway then dont sweat it.

other than that i say looks good, all the lines look fine from the pics, no major flaws in the paint. good find.

Also read thia article about buying used NSX's its the HOLY GRAIL read
http://www.hondatuningmagazine.com/includes/htup_0810_acura_nsx_buyers_guide/index.html

goodluck

if need someone to check it out for you guys on prime near there would probably help out.

Last edited:
I was supposed to check this car out a while ago but never got the chance to do so. It's only about 5 min from my house. I checked out the carfax and it was a 1 owner car always in central florida. Albeit, the maintenance will make it or break it. They were dropping the price by 1k a week. I think it started at 29k. Seems like they weren't getting any offers and had to lower it. You should probably give First Class automotive a call and see if they can do a ppi.

I'm sure if the maintenance was done the price would be higher especially because it's a dealer. They will end up running it through the auction if they don't sell it soon.

Last edited:
Thanks Shawn

Yes the rims do look disco. Also found a 95 for sale in Tampa at hiilsboro auto for 27995. I will definitely ask those Q's re belts water cooler etc.

Andrew

Blackwind

Ok thanks. They are selling it wholesale price so maybe it will hit the auction in the next week or 2. I attend the Tampa and Orlando auctions a few times a month. Never seen an NSX there. I will check them both out in the next few days

Cheers

Andrew

you mean this one????
Also read thia article about buying used NSX's its the HOLY GRAIL read
http://www.hondatuningmagazine.com/includes/htup_0810_acura_nsx_buyers_guide/index.html
thanks for that link. holy grail - but with satanic verses? jk. it's not got nsxprime religion on TB/WP (bold added):
"5 Timing Belt And Water Pump
Like most belt-driven Hondas, the C-series timing belt and water pump should be replaced every 90,000 miles (105,000 miles for NA2). If you can't get proof that it was done, plan on doing it yourself. With that said, Honda's fairly conservative in its recommended service intervals, so don't expect your timing belt to all of the sudden shred into bits or your water pump to seize up once you pass the 90,000 mark. Although Honda recommends this service to be performed at either 90,000 miles or 72 months, cars that are driven on a regular basis are actually more likely to get more life out of their belts and pumps than those that aren't. The theory is true for most any NSX component. A/C systems and power windows like to be used-why do you think it's the passenger side window that typically fails first in most cars? Early NSX water pumps were also recalled by Honda. Find out if the NSX you're looking at received the replacement and, if it didn't, find out why not. A neglected NSX may be cheap now but will cost you more down the road."

Back