• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1995 Acura NSX Head Light Switch Assembly Part # 35280 SL0-A02

Does Anyone Know where to Locate the HEADLIGHT SWITCH ASSEMBLY for my 1995 ACURA NSX ? I've looked online and Ebay but the PART needs to be the # 3580 SL0-A02 Thanks Again!

Title seems correct, but thread body has incorrect Honda Part #.
For 1995, I see 35280-SL0-A02 (switch only, discontinued) and 35250-SL0-A02ZA (with column unit) in the USA. Unfortunately, it's pretty pricey with the column unit, which includes the wiper switch as well:
amayama seems to have 35280-SL0-A02, although sometimes when you order something, amayama finds it to not be available after all. I'd reach out to them if no-one replies here with one:

Last edited:
As noted by W T, the individual switches are no longer stocked by North American suppliers. You need to purchase the whole package of switches, Acura calls it the Switch Assembly - Combination & Column Unit, for a cool $1700+.

If you go to Amayama.com you can sometimes still find the individual components listed; however, because of the whole left / right steer thing you need to be careful with part numbers. Amayama technically does list parts for the North American market. However, in the case of the NSX, 95% of the parts (and part numbers) match between North America and the rest of the world. The steering column being on the other side may be one of those oddities. On the North American web sites 35280-SL0-A02 is the light switch; however, on Amatyama 35280-SL0-xxx appears to be the wiper switch. The headlight switch selection is confusing. For manual transmission cars there is both 35450-SL0-013 which appears to be unavailable and 35450-SL0-003 which is listed as available for around $300 US$. The website does not give enough information to determine the application as both switch numbers apply to 1995 manual transmission cars.

The slightly good news is that Amayama lists the Switch Assembly - combination with the same North American part number (which eliminates that part number confusion) for about 1/2 the cost of the North American vendors.

RockAuto claims to have the headlight switch available.
However, the down side is that the RockAuto price for the headlight switch is about the same price as the complete combination switch assembly from Amayama. Given the Exceedingly low production numbers for NSX parts I expect that the WVE switch sold by RockAuto is the OEM switch in a WVE box.

So, the headlight switch might be available for around $300 from Amayama if you can sort out the part number mystery (or just take a flyer and order 35450-SL0-003 and hope for a good outcome). Or you can order the complete 35250-SL0-A02ZA from Amayama for about the same cost as the bare headlight switch. Of those two options I know which one I would pick.

If you contact Mita Motorsports, they are located in Japan and specialize in NSX parts sales to North America. With their experience, they may be able to parse the Honda parts numbering system and source the correct headlight switch for your 1995 at a reasonable price.

A final note, if you just have an electrical issue, this may be fixable by disassembling the switch and cleaning the electrical contacts. Of all the posts that I have read where people have experienced problems that might have implicated the headlight switch the problem has not been the switch. Of course, if you smacked the switch and broke the housing, then a new switch is in order.

Last edited:
Impex does often have LHD parts available. AFAIK Amayama does not.

The steering column is mirrored on RHD vs LHD.

Also, might try cannibalizing a KA5 Legend or CB/CD Accord switch.

Last edited:
Back