1994 nsx

Ben

Experienced Member
So I've not been following the market lately. Anyone know what a clean 1994 NSX is going for these days? Trying to decide whether to put it up for sale, or export it for personal use. The car in question:

1994 Brooklands Green/Tan
- 5-Speed Manual
- 60K miles
- 100% stock
- Runs great, no mechanical issues
- Never tracked
- Clean Carfax
- Normal wear & tear consistent with mileage, but overall very clean for the age & mileage

Can be sold either with or w/o the following services completed, depending on how much it would affect the sales price.

60K service
23 pc cooling hoses
Crankshaft pulley replacement
Timing Belt/Water Pump

Last edited:
If the clutch is solid, I'd say you should expect to get $30K. If it is the original clutch, I'd take $1,000 or more off that. Rare color will limit the number of buyers.

Best of luck!

'94's rule!

I assume original timing-belt/water-pump? Or it needs another replacement (due to age/time passage since previously performed t-b/w-p service-interval of ~6yrs)?

A 5spd. manual-transmission, correct?

My subjective & superficial insight from afar (w/o knowing any other details):

- w/o the up-to-date service/maint' (aforementioned in the original post), I'd say "asking price of ~$27.5k"

- w/ the up-to-date service/maint' (aforementioned in the original post), I'd say "asking price of ~$32.5k"

(asking price: most $ likely to get w/ current market; other details not mentioned/stated in the 1st post would +/- the #'s above)

Brooklands Green / tan is an unique, but alluring combo'. Not many would be keen for it @ market-value (just being honest), but the right enthusiast/buyer would step up @ market-value no doubt... and these types do exist (ie. drawn to the "British Racing Green" motor-sport heritage/legacy/mystique, prefer the luxury/classic look of tan leather, etc')!

G'luck... :cool:

Last edited:
Re: '94's rule!

I assume original timing-belt/water-pump? Or it needs another replacement (due to age/time passage since previously performed t-b/w-p service-interval of ~6yrs)?

A 5spd. manual-transmission, correct?

My subjective & superficial insight from afar (w/o knowing any other details):

- w/o the up-to-date service/maint' (aforementioned in the original post), I'd say "asking price of ~$27.5k"

- w/ the up-to-date service/maint' (aforementioned in the original post), I'd say "asking price of ~$32.5k"

(asking price: most $ likely to get w/ current market; other details not mentioned/stated in the 1st post would +/- the #'s above)

Brooklands Green / tan is an unique, but alluring combo'. Not many would be keen for it @ market-value (just being honest), but the right enthusiast/buyer would step up @ market-value no doubt... and these types do exist (ie. drawn to the "British Racing Green" motor-sport heritage/legacy/mystique, prefer the luxury/classic look of tan leather, etc')!

G'luck... :cool:

Thanks for your input. Yes, 5-speed manual. I don't know if the previous owner did the TB/WP, but either way, it needs to be done, because it hasn't been done in the past few years. I'm a bit surprised at the price differential, because even at dealer prices, the list of service shouldn't be that much.

Oops! I did not read the fine print. I thought the maintenance on your first post had been completed. TB/WP is a real factor. I'd agree with Osiris' pricing notes.

Re: '94's rule!

I'm a bit surprised at the price differential, because even at dealer prices, the list of service shouldn't be that much.
Again, it's just based on my own *personal* observations. There's a perception thing w/ full & current up-to-date maint'/service history vs. "XYZ" needs to be done.

Usually, it's not as simple as "the needed services cost 'ABC', so the actual transaction price will be market-value minus 'ABC'!". Quite often, if the service/maint' are all done, the seller can get more back in the sale than the cost of the services. Just speaking from personal observations & past transactions relative to the NSX (not other vehicles). . .

The 4-yr/60k-miles & 6-yr/90k-miles services run ~$2,500 total (best-case scenario) @ an Acura dealership.

Why I state "best-case scenario"? Whenever there's deferred/over-due maint'/service, additional/non-descript' small stuff adds to bill other than the major inclusive stuff (ie. filters/fluids, hoses, plugs, valve-adjustments, belts, timing-belt, water-pump, etc').

On my past/current NSX'es, I've seen invoices nearing/totaling ~$4,000 for the combined 4-yr/60k-miles & 6-yr/90k-miles services as misc' gaskets/seals/boots needed replaced (usually a given w/ the early models due to age) & certain sensors/relays/whatever needed swapped, etc' (random & attributable to age/wear-&-tear). A nickel-&-dime should appear above the Acura dealer's logo, 'coz that's how they do business ("nickel & dime'ing" everything, and it adds up from my past/current experiences!). . .

Again, I just gave a price-range based on market-trends & buyer-behavior/perception. A '91 NSX 5spd. coupe w/ similar miles/condition as yours in need of similar maint'/service to get up-to-date have been acquired for ~$25k'ish in the past year. . .

You got a special/unique NSX, market it as such & the right buyer will emerge (likely later than sooner, if you're keen towards getting a certain price).

Last edited:
Thanks for the input guys....and off to service it goes. :smile:

Back