1993 NSX - Did I get a good deal?

Hello,
I just purchased a 1993 NSX, red ext, black int.
The car has 25,900 miles on it, manual tranny etc.
I called the Acura dealer where it had the 145 pt. inspection/oil change and was told the car had three minor flaws:
1) slightly bent front left wheel that could be remanf. for about $160
2) the trunk needs new shocks to hold it all the way up
3) the rear glass needs new shocks to hold it all the way up
Total cost of rprs about $650 after labor
Other than that, I was told they serviced the car since new, and begged the owner not to sell it etc.

It has the Zanardi wheels on it.

I was told it has Comptech intake, Comptech headers, and Comptech exhaust. The service manager also said a short throw shifter was installed, and the suspension was completely redone and is now adjustable. ALL done at the Acura dealer by their best Master Technician or something like that...

Sounded like a good deal at $33800 and $685 shipping. The dealer sold it to an auction house and I bought it while the veh was in transport to the auction house.

Carfax comes back clean and the original owner said the car is immaculate.

He sold it and told the dealer if he was going to keep getting in trouble he was buying a Porsche 911 Turbo.

Sounds like a good car and a fair price for both you and the seller with a slight advantage going to you. Congrats on the purchase...oh, and the best part of the deal...you now get to have lots of fun driving an NSX :biggrin:

Sounded like a good deal at $33800 and $685 shipping.

YEAH, you gota love 25,000 miles, 13 year old car you can beat that,
I just bought my a month ago, ( '91, 48,000 miles, $ 26,000 )

"the pic under my name is not my car just like the pic."

I think it would have been a good deal without the extras. With the mods, it's an even better deal, assuming they're worth more to you than what the fixes will cost.

Make sure the timing belt and water pump have been replaced. Otherwise, it's long overdue, and it will cost $1200-1600.

dainese51 said:
send your struts to www.strutwise.com... they will manufacture those struts for about $180. Do the installation yourself. It's very easy.... save yourself about 2-3 hundred dollars there.
A pair of new engine struts and a pair of new trunk struts totals $225 at Delray Acura, and you can get them for even less at some other dealers offering discounts to NSXCA members. The savings are mostly in doing it yourself, not in sending them to Canada for refurbishing. And, considering that you can replace all four struts in under an hour, the total is nowhere near $200-300...

Last edited:
Wow, didn't realize the dealer would have such differing prices. I spoke with
Open Road Acura in New Jersey (I'm in Texas), and they quoted $450+ before the reman on the wheel...

Can you post a phone number fore the Acura dealer you referenced?

The veh. just arrived in Illinois today at the dealer that sold it to me. It should be shipped out this coming week.

Believe me, this is probably all I'll take pictures of for the next month...

Thanks again for all the feedback.

Back