1993 Auto with 3k miles JH4NA1268PT000085

Re: 1993 Auto For sale with 3k miles!!!!

I would be more concerned buying a 93 with 3k miles than one with 30k miles. Someone previously made an excellent post explaining exactly why in one of these threads but I'm frankly too lazy to dig it up. Suffice it to say that cars need to be driven and maintained in order for their components to continue to perform their best.

If you change fluids belts and hoses you will be fine. I would go low mileage over mid any day. Maybe there is no need to go that low :)

Wow! I don't know I'd be tempted if I had the cash because I'm not so sure a manual transmission is something to love if your driving in traffic all of the time.

This car needs an enthusiast who doesn't care what transmission it has.

I'd venture to say a car like that would need just about all its scheduled Maint. done. Probably cost at least $2K more to bring it up to date.

I’m an automatic owner, and I know that they are not as desirable as the manuals, but in the nine months that I have owned my car, I have learned that autos are still very much in demand. There are people out there that for various reasons want an auto, not just the older crowd either. The guy I bough my auto wants to buy her back. At the periodic 626 (San Gabriel Valley) meet this week a couple came up to another auto owner and wanted to buy the car from him. Obviously, based on the many threads on this matter, there are not as many perspective buyers looking for an auto. However, although I have no data to support this, I wonder if the demand for autos is just as great as the demand for manuals due to their scarceness. By the way when searching for my car I preferred a manual, but I could not pass on the auto that I bought because it was located close to me, was in very good condition, had several comfort/luxury modifications (navigation, auto start, keyless remote) that I wanted, and all major service work had recently been completed.

Regards,

Mario

2K in maintenance, when you are dropping 40K on a car, is not really that bad considering the mileage.

and there are people who have their reasons to buy an auto. No shame in that. I think with a car like the NSX, there is probably more demand for the manual version though just because of the nature of the car/drivers. From what I notice autos tend to sit longer / sell for cheaper. At 40K with 2800 miles, I bet it would sell in a heartbeat if it were manual. But different strokes for different folks right?

I still say its a shame its auto though =P

Back