1992 White NSX, 75k miles, in Phoenix for sale.

Lots of good stuff on that car. The right color/very current service by SOS/ABS upgrade a huge plus. I think the car will pull close that asking $$.

Seems a little high to me as well however, so many Prime members love the white color, I thought I might as well get the info out there!

Have never seen the car myself nor know the owner.

Considering color, appropriate updates, and mods, I think the asking price is pretty close. :shrug:

vin?

If it where March/April of next year I'd offer rather close to that price. It is just about everything I want in an NSX as far as color/condition and mods are concerned (shy of short gears). Alas timing is not on my side.

I think his price is right around the mark as well. Let it ride.

I talked to the seller, I think he work for SOS. I almost make the purchase on this car. But change my mind the last min and go for 97+ instead. I have to have the T top.

Has some good mods, service up and it WHITE - has a new clutch - sounds like a good one - price isn't too far off - but no one ever gets their asking price and I'm sure he's figured that too. It's a good one for someone - anyone looking for a white car would do well to buy this one!

Damn it... I was hoping this would stay fairly low profile until I was ready to buy. It's exactly what I want.

well, talk to the seller then... maybe his timing is flexible and you can work it out if its "the one" for you

I already shot him an email, but I don't expect him to hold out for me if he finds a buyer. Just the way it is... I'm sure other owners can relate.

Damn it... I was hoping this would stay fairly low profile until I was ready to buy. It's exactly what I want.

+1

I was thinking something similar :smile: If by the time I'm ready to purchase, there isn't a white one available I'd go for a low mileage silver. Nine months is a long time to wait, but I've seen some stay for sale for over a year or six.

I don't normally give recommendations on NSX for sale as it's not my place to get between buyers and sellers unless we are contracted for a pre-purchase inspection. In addition, for full disclosure, this is an employee's car however I will not profit from the sale.

That being said and knowing this car well, I will say that this is an excellent example of a well kept early coupe. It is extremely rare to find an early car without paint work history in the past, even if it's minor, which makes this one very unique. Of the 5-10 cars that visit our shop per month, I would say less than 10% have not had prior paint work in the past. The finish and interior is in very good condition and a very desirable color combination. The service work performed was very thorough and include what I'd consider any early NSX will eventually need - the upgrade to the NA2 ABS brake system. The cost in the service work (major timing belt / water pump / seals) and the ABS upgrade is at least $5000, which I would consider if I was purchasing when factoring the price of the car. When you compre this car to other NSX, factor in the cost of this service if it has not already been done on these cars.

If you have any questions on the car, I'd be happy to answer them for you.

take care,
-- Chris

Boy someone is going to get a nice NSX. Combine it with those OEM NSX-R rims in another thread and you have one badass NSX.

This car is a fine example for a great price...what are people waiting for? :confused: IF I were looking...this care would be mine.

This car is a fine example for a great price...what are people waiting for? :confused: IF I were looking...this care would be mine.

Only thing I can think of is the miles and the price. I wonder if he's willing to negotiate any? It's good one though and one day 75k miles will be low miles - hell it's not that high on a 19 year old car is it?

It's a good one - has a lot of goodies - does it have headers? Just curious but the SOS ABS upgrade is nice! Mine is working fine - they are pretty bullet proof if you take car of the early ones. But that is a nice option,

What about the snap ring range - isn't it in the snap ring range? That's the oher issue I would imagine.

Only thing I can think of is the miles and the price. I wonder if he's willing to negotiate any? It's good one though and one day 75k miles will be low miles - hell it's not that high on a 19 year old car is it?

It's a good one - has a lot of goodies - does it have headers? Just curious but the SOS ABS upgrade is nice! Mine is working fine - they are pretty bullet proof if you take car of the early ones. But that is a nice option,

What about the snap ring range - isn't it in the snap ring range? That's the oher issue I would imagine.

It's listed as having "DC/SOS headers" and says the snap ring was fixed by SOS. I agree that 75k miles is low miles for a 19 year old vehicle. That's less than 4,000 miles per year. I drove that much on a road trip last summer!!! This car, for me, is the perfect car with imperfect timing :tongue:

I don't normally give recommendations on NSX for sale as it's not my place to get between buyers and sellers unless we are contracted for a pre-purchase inspection. In addition, for full disclosure, this is an employee's car however I will not profit from the sale.

That being said and knowing this car well, I will say that this is an excellent example of a well kept early coupe. It is extremely rare to find an early car without paint work history in the past, even if it's minor, which makes this one very unique. Of the 5-10 cars that visit our shop per month, I would say less than 10% have not had prior paint work in the past. The finish and interior is in very good condition and a very desirable color combination. The service work performed was very thorough and include what I'd consider any early NSX will eventually need - the upgrade to the NA2 ABS brake system. The cost in the service work (major timing belt / water pump / seals) and the ABS upgrade is at least $5000, which I would consider if I was purchasing when factoring the price of the car. When you compre this car to other NSX, factor in the cost of this service if it has not already been done on these cars.

If you have any questions on the car, I'd be happy to answer them for you.

take care,
-- Chris

Is the seller the original owner? If he is I would really consider buying it although I prefer lower mileage. If not, how can you say for sure there were no paint work ever done to the car?

Is the seller the original owner? If he is I would really consider buying it although I prefer lower mileage. If not, how can you say for sure there were no paint work ever done to the car?

Anyone who has worked in the body-shop industry or been around cars long enough as a technician can tell when something has been repainted. There are tell-tale signs.

They can be as subtle as minor color differences, clear coat differences such as the amount of orange peel does not match. Over spray or minor surface imperfections that are under the paint are a give away as well. By looking at the mounting bolts you can tell if the panels have been removed. Professional grade buffing/rubbing compound in the cracks and crevices always warrants a closer look.

Back