1992 GPW NSX Modded

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto/5005423081.html

I'm considering this NSX. I'd prefer a stock version but GPW is difficult to come by. This one has a clean title, no history of the VIN on this forum, and appears to be well maintained.

Seller does not have any of the factory stock parts unfortunately. At least the mods are clean and go well together. What is a fair price?

Seems like a fair price as listed if everything checks out... I'm just always leery of the 02 conversions... I just have this question in the back of my head if the car had some front end damage???

Prolly fine, but I'd want to get a thorough PPI...

91 X: I share the same concern but the AutoCheck report is clear and looking at the previous owner's sales thread, he actually did have all the stock 92 front end parts. I wonder what happened to those stock parts. But at least it provides some reassurance that the front end isn't an issue which crated an opportunity for the 02 conversion.

- - - Updated - - -

B2FiNiTY: thanks for the helpful link. What do you feel is a fair offer on this one since no stock parts come with the sale?

I would say mid 40s, I expect that you would need to put down another 3-4k for maintenance items such as timing belt. If I recall, it's probably due, due to age.

Plus the top has clear coat damage/fading that the current owner is not mentioning unless he fixed it.

It's up to you how badly you want it though. Very difficult to come by a clean grand prix white.

Last edited:
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto/5005423081.html

I'm considering this NSX. I'd prefer a stock version but GPW is difficult to come by. This one has a clean title, no history of the VIN on this forum, and appears to be well maintained.

Seller does not have any of the factory stock parts unfortunately. At least the mods are clean and go well together. What is a fair price?

Very nice car based on the pictures. This is how most nsx ends up looking anyways. He put at least 15 grand in those mods. You have to understand that if you want a stock one, find a stock one because there will be a few more people who wants the car exactly like this that will pay that price for it. Why pay for mods you do not want? Seems like a slap to the owners face for building such a fine nsx.

Just FYI I dealt with this seller trying to pick up this NSX a few months ago. I asked several times for a current picture with a piece of paper and the day's date on it. He claimed he was selling for someone else and wouldn't send me the photos. Made me wary and I began looking elsewhere.

I should also say he posted the ad originally at 48.5 and instantly increased the price after I emailed him. If you want more info on my exchange with him let me know and I can PM you.

Last edited:
I also passed on this car. Seller would not provide current photos. Only those from the last sale here on nsxprime. FYI I got him down to 45k.

I forgot to add, I've got the carfax for anyone interested. Just send me a PM.

Back