1992 Craigs NSX

Hi Prime fam , hope everyone is doing okay. I came across this NSX on Craigslist so I would like some opinions. I will post VIN right after I get it but first I would like initial reactions. The price set off an alarm but I think it's ok for the mileage. http://newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/3821036638.html Thanks for the input guys - Giancarlo

Looks like it could be a good deal. A VIN# would be helpful.

Seems like a great deal, and assuming the items listed are the only major issues with the car...

• paint chip/peel on driver side mirror
  • currently TCS light and ABS light is on - doesn't affect driveability
  • rear bumper should be repainted - previous owner did not paint it correctly using factory triple stage paint finish
  • radio antenna retracts, but doesn't retract all the way on it's own (one-two inches sticks out)

Wonder what's wrong with TCS and ABS. Could be a pricey fix.

TCS I can live without but ABS is pretty useful during those butthole-clencher moments.

So the owner sent me back an email stating that this car isn't for me ."If you're looking for the perfect nsx, this car is not for you. While I have maintained it well during my ownership, it was involved in an accident by the first owner. The front end is not original paint or body panels. Unfortunately I don't have too many details as to what was damaged or repaired in that accident, but there is no salvage or total loss history. With that said, I would not hesitate to drive it long distances. Please let me know if you're still interested. Thank you" That being said I'm still on the hunt!

At least he is upfront about the damage... Many many MANY NSXs out there have prior accident history, and yet they are listed as "accident free" when posted for sale.

So the owner sent me back an email stating that this car isn't for me ."If you're looking for the perfect nsx, this car is not for you. While I have maintained it well during my ownership, it was involved in an accident by the first owner. The front end is not original paint or body panels. Unfortunately I don't have too many details as to what was damaged or repaired in that accident, but there is no salvage or total loss history. With that said, I would not hesitate to drive it long distances. Please let me know if you're still interested. Thank you" That being said I'm still on the hunt!

After you said that, if you look at the color difference it is HUGE front fender-door. Good to know on that car!

If the front end of the vehicle is not original, the seller should state that in the ad instead of wasting the OP's time. He mentions the paint chip on the driver's side mirror but fails to mention the small issue of the non-original front end. Wow. I initially perceived the color difference between the door and the front fender as a shadow. Upon reinspection, could be a paint color difference there. Also, it won't be long before the TB/WP service is due again. All that said, if it's a good repair, the paint matches and that actually IS a shadow, $22K might be a reasonable ASKING price which may be a bit different from the final selling price.

does anyone mind if I inquire about the car. I have a project in mind for it. I would never jump over someone to get an NSX its bad Karma.

Shawn if you want it , you should take it. I have to keep your advice in mind and not rush the purchase of an NSX. I want to be happy with what I buy

Back