1991 to 1993 NSX MRSP prices?

Hi,

What was the new price of a NSX in 1991 to 1993?

If possibel does any one know what the price where in Japan at that time:confused:

Thank in advance.

Hi,

What was the new price of a NSX in 1991 to 1993?

If possibel does any one know what the price where in Japan at that time:confused:

Thank in advance.

I have the window sticker for my 1992. I think MSRP was US$65K and the dealer added $10K markup.

When the 1991 NSX was introduced in late summer 1990, the MSRP was $60,600 including $600 transportation charge. It increased by $1000 before the end of 1990.

I have the window sticker for my 1992. I think MSRP was US$65K and the dealer added $10K markup.
Lots of dealers put a ludicrous markup on the stickers, hoping that some sucker will look at the sticker and say, "I'll take it!" In 1992, most NSXs were selling for around MSRP or even slightly less. Anyone paying $10K markup at that time was not shopping around. (It was a different story in 1990 and early 1991.)

My 91 was at like 61K with a Dealer Market Value Adjustment of 30K. Final price of 91K. Car was sold for 70K. Buyer put 20 Grand cash down and financed the rest for 60 months. Payments was 1313.00 a month. In 2001 he spent 13,000 on Volk AV3's, Comptech Exhaust, Comptech Suspension, Comptech clutch w/lightened flywheel, Comptech Short Gears. Man, I love all you guys treating yours NSX's like garage queens and saving that pristine NSX for me so when I'm ready I get to buy a perfect one, I can, and enjoy it everyday!

"Man, I love all you guys treating yours NSX's like garage queens"

Greg, it the photo in your avatar your garage?
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

"Man, I love all you guys treating yours NSX's like garage queens"

Greg, it the photo in your avatar your garage?
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Yes, at work garage though. I'm in negotiations on a house that has a 8 car garage w/4 roll doors and a 800 sq. ft office w/bath. total 3500 sq. ft garage. I'm hoping to be in it in a couple of months!

My 91 was at like 61K with a Dealer Market Value Adjustment of 30K. Final price of 91K. Car was sold for 70K.
1991 NSXs were typically selling for $85-90K when it first came out in late summer 1990. By the end of that year, they were typically selling in the low seventies. The following year, prices dropped a bit, but a luxury tax (10 percent on the amount over $30K) went into effect on January 1, 1991.

Lots of dealers put a ludicrous markup on the stickers, hoping that some sucker will look at the sticker and say, "I'll take it!" In 1992, most NSXs were selling for around MSRP or even slightly less. Anyone paying $10K markup at that time was not shopping around. (It was a different story in 1990 and early 1991.)

Exactly my thoughts Ken. The car came from SoCal and I'm glad the original owner paid the markup for me. :biggrin:

And what where the Japanese prices?
IIRC, the Japanese prices weren't all that different from those in the States. The places where prices were much higher are those where there are severe import duties, I think possibly Australia, Hong Kong, and some other South Asian countries.

Back