• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

1991, red NSX, 43k miles for $25k - - $7k in recent work by Dealer

Status
Not open for further replies.
1991 NSX with 43k miles - $25k - $7k in recent work by Dealer
VIN JH4NA1152MT000653
Transmission # J4A41000728
Not a snap ring car
The following work was performed by Acura in the past 60 days
· Dali door regulator clips installed – both window regulators lubricated
· Trunk stays replaced
· Hatch stays replaced
· AC
o Compressor
o Clutch set
o Stator
o Receiver
o Suction hose
o Retrofit kit to 134a
o Evaporator
· Lube / oil / filter
· Cam seals
· Oil pan gasket
· Timing belt
· Water pump
· All other belts
· Timing belt cover
· Engine coolant
· Adjust valves
· Replaced spark plugs
· Resealed valve covers
· Fuel filter
· Air filter
· Tires (new Bridgestone RE730’s)
· Brake fluid flush (did myself)
· Brake pads – front and rear (did myself)

Bills add up to over $7,000
Clean title in hand, but Carfax shows salvage title issued in 1994

Two dealers have looked at it and have noted that the nose piece and drivers front and rear fenders have been repainted. No frame damage found. You can call both service writers if you like to confirm.

Everything works, as it should
Price is $25,000
Email Mike at [email protected].

I stated in a previous posting that the salvage title was issued due to water damage, but Carfax only notes that a major insurance claim was made. The dealer who did the majority of the recent service speculated that is was water partially because of the Texas title and partially due to the lack of frame damage.

The car is mechanically excellent. Driver perfect. Steering wheel is straight. The interior is good, but the drivers seat shows some cracking. I'm happy to have the dealer do a buyers inspection for anyone.

If you are looking for a well maintained driver, this is the car. If you are looking for a show winner, keep looking.

Attachments

• nsx 003.jpg
    nsx 003.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 1,844
Great car

Not sure why everyone is avoiding this car. It drives perfect. What is it worth???

Mike

nsx

I appreciate your interest. The car will be sold by then. Good luck in your search. They are remarkable cars.

Mike

Mbern,
I think the answer to your question: "why is everyone avoiding this car?" is the Salvage title. All the advise I've read on this forum says to stay away from salvage titles at any cost, and $25k is only a few thousand less than the car would otherwise be worth.

jamie

i agree....

JAKiii said:
Mbern,
I think the answer to your question: "why is everyone avoiding this car?" is the Salvage title. All the advise I've read on this forum says to stay away from salvage titles at any cost, and $25k is only a few thousand less than the car would otherwise be worth.

jamie

Why's he selling it

Gents,

Thanks for the input. I do appreciate your perspective. This is actually a friend of mine’s car. He bought it about a month ago. It has spent almost the entire time at the dealer having the AC fixed, and a few other maintenance items taken care of. While it was at the dealer, he bought a new EVO so he’s selling this.

My friend Mark (the owner) often has more money than sense. He bought this car on a whim. I have helped him sell his cars before. He has a habit of buying high and selling low. He’s got the money but it is still hard to watch.

I do recognize that the salvage title is a BIG negative. The positives are that is has low miles and has had all the service done. Ultimately he will get what he gets for it. I’ve already told him that I’ll buy it if the price gets down to $23k. Do you guys think I’m crazy?

I originally thought this was a water damaged car, but the more I look it over and drive it, I’m convinced that it was a front collision that got the car branded. All of the body panels up front line up well, but not perfect. The repairs were done well, but not perfect. I’m not sure I could own it without taking it to my body guy and having him make it perfect. It is probably not worth fixing, because at the end of the day, it still has a branded title.

I’d appreciate your thoughts on the car at $23k. Thanks !

Mike

So why does your signature say you own a 1991 NSX? Do you have an NSX of your own? Everything so far screams "RED FLAG!" I'm not trying to attack you, I'm just trying to help you clear some things up for potential buyers. Thanks for your time.

No Problem

No offense taken. I own a 98 328 and a Toyota Minivan (with the sport package...Ha). I listed Mark's car also. I was not trying to be deceitful. It just seamed like a resonable thing to do.

As far as this car and I being a red flag, I don't blame anyone for being cautious. I am new to this board. I assure you that if someone from this board buys this NSX, there will be no pulled punches. I won't accept a check from anyone unless the buyer either comes and inspects the car persoanally, or car is checked out at the Acura Dealer and the potential buyer talks directly to the dealership.

I'm a car nut. I help my friends and family mostly buy, but occasionally sell cars. My ebay user name is motorsportsllc and I have perfect feedback of 46. I guess I made some mistakes when I signed up and listed the car. My mistake.

FYI, I will visit the site as an owner eventually. I used to be a DINK. Now I'm a SI2KEW (single income 2 kids expensive wife) Wish me luck

Mike

Ferrari

Yes, this is the same car. More work has been done to the car since my friend Mark bought it. (a little over $3k more). Have you seen this car? What are your thoughts? Others on this board might appreciate an opinion from someone other than me.

Mike

The way I see it, if someone is looking for an NSX for $25k and under (with the current market, of course), you are looking at a car that will have issues and you as the buyer--with this kind of budget, must be willing to accept that. The chances of getting a creampuff NSX for that price is close to impossible.

So if someone wants an NSX badly enough and is willing to accept the salvage title, so be it.

sold

The car is in Madison. Zimbrick Acura did a lot of the work. It has been sold. Thanks for your interest.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back