• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

1991 Red/Black f/s in St. Louis - Not Mine :)

I was out looking at cars and saw a 1991 in the showroom of Dan Schmidt Motors here in St. Louis. It looked to be a very clean 11,000 mile manual 1991 NSX. It looked to be completely stock with the exception of the most obnoxious exhaust tips I have ever seen in my life. I did not drive it but the paint looks very good. There is a little wear on the driver's side seat bolster.

They were asking $42k for it but they typically auction their stuff on Ebay. I don't have any specific sales experiance with this dealer but I have heard mixed stories about them. Either way this might be a good very low mile 91' if anyone was interested.

I have no financial interest - blah blah blah.

------------------
Nick M

91' Red/Black with Many Mods
99' Honda Odyssey with Many Kids

Saw that car,It does appear to be very clean.
What, you didn't like the exhaust? :^)
They were hideous. I think they were ansa's?
Ditto on Schmitt mixed reviews.
Tony and I were talking about that exhaust
Saturday.
The car is on ebay, last time I looked it was at 26-27k, reserve not met.
@31+ buy it now at 36+

[This message has been edited by len3.8 (edited 05 January 2003).]

[This message has been edited by len3.8 (edited 05 January 2003).]

Daniel Schmitt has a lot of harder to find exotics, but they ask way too much for their vehicles vs. what they pay for it. I have a buddy that sold his Porsche 928 to them for 14.5k almost 1 1/2 years ago. We went in there a few months later and not knowing he was the one that sold him the car, the salesman quoted him 26.9k for it. Not a surprise that it is still sitting on their lot. I know dealers are in business to make money, but almost twice the purchase price is ridiculous.

I agree that they are typically a lot higher then normal on their list/asking price.

When I bought my car 5 years ago they had the exact same car (miles, color, etc) that I ended up buying from a private owner for $6k less then what they were trying to get.

That said - $36k buy it now on Ebay seems like a fair price for a Red/Black 91' manual completely stock (sans the $10 tips) with only 11k miles and a clean history.

------------------
Nick M

91' Red/Black with Many Mods
99' Honda Odyssey with Many Kids

Schmitt will sell it far less than he is asking. His turnover on some cars is quite quick. He blows Porsches 92 and up out pretty fast. Look at his feedback on Ebay will show that he sometimes sells them even when they don't make his reserve. Jlindy I guess that supports your high markup statement. Matteni, I agree with the price. Based on the condition minus the Fugly tips
the car appears pretty clean. If it is as mechanically sound as it looks, someone is going to have a nice car. I would still do an
independent pre-purchase dealing with him.
JAO

[This message has been edited by len3.8 (edited 12 January 2003).]

My cousin brother-in-law brought a 911 slantnose from Schmitt in the past. He paid 8 grands under asking price.

Back