1991 painted blue JH4NA1152MT003021

No mention of the paint job/color change in the ad...

Right, no way that's factory paint if it's truly a 91. I would run the VIN through Carfax/Autocheck to see more history on it.

Definitely looks like a 91 by the arm rest and gauge cluster trim. However, if it checked out mechanically and the color change was a good job then I'd consider buying it for around $25K and using it as a daily driver. The color change does take away many potential buyers, but at least for me it looks like Monte Carlo Blue which is one of my favorite colors anyway so I could live with it.

Looks nice, if it all checks out. Don't forget to print out the ad for a free $25 gift card to a downtown restaurant if you buy the car!

If someone had enough pull (i.e. money/importance) back in 1991, could they have ordered an NSX in a "custom" color from the factory? Maybe?

Actually, assuming the paint quality is good and the car is mechanically sound the color may actually attract a few buyers. I personally think it looks pretty sharp. Will be interested to hear if anyone picks this one up.

Incidentally, that is REALLY well photographed too! Its a small thing, but when a seller takes the time to do that right it is a good indication of a decent car to me.

Last edited:
Looks like a repaint to MCBP which is not a bad choice if you ask me. ;) Some pictures of the engine bay would tell more of the story about the original color.

It is Monte Carlo Blue as was informed by the dealer. Was not a flawless paint job as it still has black in the bays and also possesses some damage to the front bumper.

I think that is Scottie Pippen of the Chicago Bulls old car that was custom painted back in 1991 when it was new.

If you do a search you should find pictures. It was blue with the chrome OZ Mito Modular wheels just like this car. Unlikely to be more than one in that combo.

Here. I even did some search work here on Prime for you. Read down to the Scottie Pippen entry. Sounds dead on.

http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/Famous_Owners

Last edited:
Scottie can fit in an NSX?

Buying it does not exactly mean he fit in it. When I was in Chicago several years ago I was able to see a squadron of Michael Jordan's cars, many of which were Ferraris and Porsches that I could not imagine him fitting in. Needless to say, they only had a few hundred miles, and I am told were traded in often for new ones just because. When you have the money, I guess logic goes out the window. I just know for sure that Scottie Pippen had one, and I am 99.99% sure the one in this thread was his.

Buying it does not exactly mean he fit in it. When I was in Chicago several years ago I was able to see a squadron of Michael Jordan's cars, many of which were Ferraris and Porsches that I could not imagine him fitting in. Needless to say, they only had a few hundred miles, and I am told were traded in often for new ones just because. When you have the money, I guess logic goes out the window. I just know for sure that Scottie Pippen had one, and I am 99.99% sure the one in this thread was his.

Ad down via autotrader etc.... anyone have any pictures of this car?

I was able to see this car in person. Turns out it is Midnight Pearl.

For sure?

The link to the pics above it looks MUCH brighter purple than midnight pearl... (being a former owner and all)

For sure?

The link to the pics above it looks MUCH brighter purple than midnight pearl... (being a former owner and all)

Being a current owner, I agree - Midnight Pearl looks mostly black most of the time. Even in direct sunlight, at best you get a blue flash when the light hits it, but other than that it's pretty purple.

I'm positive. We have a local owner that has a Midnight Pearl so I've seen this color in person before. When you see this 91 in real life there is no mistaking the purple hue. It looks exactly like bngl3rt's avitar in the sunlight. It is that obvious. I don't know why in pictures it appears more blue like Monte Carlo Blue which I thought it was at first and I have also seen live in person. Since this car is now in Hawaii you'll see a lot better pictures soon the more we all get together here.

Someone painted a coupe Midnight Pearl?? Why was I not all over this!!

:eek::mad:

Back