1991 option prices

Does anyone know what the 1991 option prices were for keyless entry and the CD changer? Were there other options? I did an exhaustive search on Prime and couldn't seem to find this pricing info.

If someone has a photo or a scan of a window sticker that included these items, that would be great.

These were not options from the factory. They were dealer-installed accessories. So they never appeared on a Monroney sticker.

I'm not sure of the original list price of the parts, and of course dealers could charge whatever they wanted for the parts and for the installation labor. I don't think the price changed all that much over the years; IIRC, in later years the remote listed for around $130 and the CD player for $700.

In addition to keyless and CD, other factory NSX accessories available from the dealer included floor mats, trunk mat, engine block heater, cell phone, car cover, sheepskin demi seat covers, and luggage.

The only variation in the U.S.-market 1991 NSX's from the factory, other than interior and exterior colors, was transmission (5-speed manual vs automatic). There were no other factory options. So, for example, all five-speed red/black 1991 NSX's arrived at U.S. dealerships with identical equipment.

Last edited:
Dave, if you really want the keyless entry and don't have it call me. I had Mike take it off my car for two reasons -- first it was creating a slight rattle under the glove box and you know how nuts this makes me and second, I never used it -- call me a dinosaur but I like the feeling of a key turning in the doorlock/trunklock. Go figure! It did work perfectly the one or two times I tried it for kicks.

Best,
Jeff

Here is the option sticker from my 91. this is from Crown Acura in Clearwater, FL

Last edited:
If $180 mats in 1991 is $300 today, I wonder how much the new in box Acura keyless entry system that I have is worth. I better research; I'm thinking of selling it to pay for other OEM goods recently bought. But a market adjustment at 50% of the car value!? Never saw it on an actual sticker before and is just astounding to see. Thx for posting that.

Keep in mind, those prices also include installation labor, since those accessories have been installed on the car. Which may not make much difference from the parts price for floor mats, but certainly does for the keyless entry.

- - - Updated - - -

Market adjustments on a sticker sometimes reflect the market, and sometimes are just a matter of wishful thinking on the part of dealers. They will often negotiate it down or eliminate it entirely.

Markups of $25K or more over MSRP were pretty much universal on the NSX when it first came out at the end of summer 1990; most had declined to $10-15K by the end of that year, and disappeared entirely a year or two later.

Last edited:
Good fact to consider. Though I'll freely admit to my shameless plug, that sticker was great to see. Interesting history.

Those are not factory options. They are all dealer-installed accessories.

OP didn't ask for Factory options, just what options were offered....at least that is what I interpreted. I thought the CD and Keyless where always dealer installed options.

OP didn't ask for Factory options, just what options were offered....
He asked about the window sticker, and when most people talk about the window sticker, they're referring to the federally-required Monroney sticker, which is for the car as equipped as it leaves the factory. Most people do not refer to a dealer-created sticker as a window sticker, or worry about what prices appear on it, because dealers can make up whatever price they want for any added accessories they install (and, as we can see above, some of them involve installation labor in their cost).

Not to go too deeply into the fastidious semantical debate that you seem to be craving, but the term "options" is most commonly used in the industry to refer to car features that are installed at the factory on some cars and not others, whereas "accessories" most commonly refer to items installed at the dealership or after the car is sold. I've tried to avoid any ambiguity by referring to the two as "factory options" and "dealer-installed accessories". And I've listed most of the available dealer-installed accessories as well as the only factory option (the transmission). That should be enough information to satisfy almost everyone. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
He asked about the window sticker, and when most people talk about the window sticker, they're referring to the federally-required Monroney sticker, which is for the car as equipped as it leaves the factory. Most people do not refer to a dealer-created sticker as a window sticker, or worry about what prices appear on it, because dealers can make up whatever price they want for any added accessories they install (and, as we can see above, some of them involve installation labor in their cost).

Not to go too deeply into the fastidious semantical debate that you seem to be craving, but the term "options" is most commonly used in the industry to refer to car features that are installed at the factory on some cars and not others, whereas "accessories" most commonly refer to items installed at the dealership or after the car is sold. I've tried to avoid any ambiguity by referring to the two as "factory options" and "dealer-installed accessories". And I've listed most of the available dealer-installed accessories as well as the only factory option (the transmission). That should be enough information to satisfy almost everyone. :rolleyes:

Always thorough and informative even on the simplest topics, glad to have you around :smile:

Back