1991 NSX Transmission

The 1991 NSX Transmission from what I've been reading does not come with power steering, is power steering an option on the NSX? Also I've been looking around this site and keep seeing OEM, what does that stand for? Obviously I'm new to the site, Thanks for your help.

davidl78 said:
The 1991 NSX Transmission from what I've been reading does not come with power steering, is power steering an option on the NSX?

Yes it was available only on automatic NSX's only from 1991-1994, and all NSX-T's from 1995 and newer. This information is available on this site with a search.

davidl78 said:
Also I've been looking around this site and keep seeing OEM, what does that stand for? Obviously I'm new to the site, Thanks for your help.

OEM is standard language for the entire automotive industry. It means Original Equipment Manufacturer.

Also, just to clear up any confusion, the transmission is completely independent of the electronic power steering unit. Trans in the rear of the car, and electronic power steering (if equiped) in the front.

DocL said:
Yes it was available only on automatic NSX's only from 1991-1994, and all NSX-T's from 1995 and newer.
True, except it was standard equipment; often the word "available" implies it was an option.

All '95-01 NSX Coupes other than the Zanardi edition also had power steering.

Back