1991 NSX on Mercum Auctions Tomorrow (Sunday Oct 4)

Scheduled to be auctioned off at 12:40pm at Mercum Auctions.

HERE is the car

Know only what they have listed about the car. Be interesting to see what it fetches.

Last edited:
There's a story behind this one; you can bet on that! If it fetches over 30k I'll be surprised. Why did it get repainted? mmmmm could be wrecked - obviously or most likely distressed auction from possible repo. Who knows - better be on the ground at the sale for this one. I would never bid on this thing without a lot more info.

Even worse, IMO, is that it wasnt repainted in its original color. Blue wasnt available in 1991.

I am pretty sure this is Scottie Pippens old NSX. He had the paintwork and those O.Z. rims put on it.

Looks like it sold for $26K

What did I say - it would be lucky to see 30k. So someone here knows the car??? Well, interesting; wonder how it came to this auction. What happened to Pip? Strange that a primers car would end up like that?:frown:

What did I say - it would be lucky to see 30k. So someone here knows the car??? Well, interesting; wonder how it came to this auction. What happened to Pip? Strange that a primers car would end up like that?:frown:

Scottie Pippin

pippen_large_0405.jpg

And this Auction was in Chicago......

Back in 96-97 I saw a picture of Pippens NSX and it resembled the one in this picture. The hue of the blue might change in the sunlight to purple color. I don't think Scottie kept the car very long.

Back