1991 nsx evaporator discontinued part

Need help with a bad evaporator in my 1991 NSX. I have learned it is discontinued. part #80210sl0a02 . I can't find any discussion about a replacement part or how to make the A/C operable. I am sure many have experienced this issue and will be grateful for any advice of where to find the part or what I can do to replace the system with whatever is needed.

If you are after an aftermarket part, try Ebay item number121912122901.

I'm pretty sure Rock Auto will sell aftermarket evaporators a too.

I believe the eBay part is for a later year NSX. Found this info from goldNSX in a different thread:

"T
he evaporator has two part no./versions.

80210-SL0-A02 is for 91-92 (R12)
and
80210-SL0-A03 is for 93+ (R134)

The only difference is the valve assy. included. The three-stage-switch is different between R12 and R134 also."

You might PM him and see if he ever completed his evaporator replacement.

I would also contact Marc (Mark?) @ theNSXshop.com. He lives in Japan and has access to parts not available in the US.

Last edited:
1. Your existing unit may be repairable.
2. Googling the p/n A03 and A02 shows it to be purchasable, but that may be an artifact. I would give it a try, you'll know in 24 hours.
3. Amazon says they have it.
3. Aftermarket (Ebay/RockAuto/Etc...) is probably good enough, but you will have to assess quality for install. It's a BIG job to redo, so inspect wisely.
4. Amayama.com is a good source for JP parts worldwide. I recommend requesting a special search. I have had good results from them.

Did a little leg work for you and the part is available at www.amayama.com. Not cheap, but OEM.

View attachment 148586

I've ordered numerous parts from them with excellent results. Thinking about ordering one myself and putting it on the shelf for the future.

Last edited:
Found this info from goldNSX in a different thread:

"T
he evaporator has two part no./versions.

80210-SL0-A02 is for 91-92 (R12)
and
80210-SL0-A03 is for 93+ (R134)

The only difference is the valve assy. included. The three-stage-switch is different between R12 and R134 also."

You might PM him and see if he ever completed his evaporator replacement.
Not yet. The leak at the evap was too small to justify the complicated procedure so far. I still didn't mount my R134a evap to my R12 1991. But I went into detail back then and the fittings are the same. The valve is the only difference but as R12 systems work with R134a it also might work the other way round. It depends on what you are willing to fill in your system: R12 or R134a. I didn't have the choice: R12 is strictly forbidden in Europe since several years.

You can try isicar or Amayama in Japan. If you can't get it in the US they still might have it even if its backordered. The customer service is about the same level as your dealers in the US. On the average they have about the same prices like the discounted dealers in the US but few parts deviate by +-50% or so.

Back