1991 NSX Dyno today

Dyno Days at Rev'd in Calgary. A disappointing 185 HP on a Mustang Dyno. Well at least it sounded great.

Here is the link

"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9eeW4rhO60

You will have to remove the quotation mark first

This one is from the posterior.

"https://youtu.be/hKoaJ0orXbM

Last edited:
The winner was a Toyota Supra with 691HP. A new Mustang GT 5.0 250 HP and a supercharged Civic with 191 HP. Those were the only ones I remembered.

Last edited:
All of those numbers sound drastically low. Mine put down 238whp on a Mustang MD-AWD-500, completely stock. They must have something out of calibration, environmental corrections are off, or doing computation in something other than kings feet measurements (aka standard).

Because we all know an undeniable fact every Supra has 1,000whp. So if we use that as an adjustment factor, the dyno is off by about 44%. That means your 185hp * 44% = 266hp. That makes more sense! lol.

Interesting.

The video recordings can be entertaining; but, personally I wouldn't stand in front of a chassis dyno recording the run with a cell phone. There is more than one video of a car / truck coming off the dyno during the run. Actually, I don't think I would be standing anywhere close to the car during a peak run. There is one video where I swear its a piston (or something suitably large) and associated bits exiting the side of the engine during the run. There is a reason why the OEMs do there engine dyno testing in a test cell with a wall between the engine and people.

this is really low - something must be wrong.Dynod mine last year with several bold ons, had 262 WHP at the rears, 292 on motor side
Will dyno again this year cause added downforce intake scoop + mugen ecu
> Taitec header, 100 cell procar cats, taitec GTLW, downforce intake scoop, procar airbox and mugen ECU is the setup now

Last edited:
I did 414 at the wheels last year in Calgary at Blackbird, but mines turbo, numbers do seem low though, glad to see Calgary drivers here [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m curious to know why the car is facing upward on this Dyno. Like you’re driving uphill. Maybe this is the cause for low numbers???

Back