1991 NSX (buying advice needed)

anm

Registered Member
Hello,

It's my first time in this forum and I want to know your opinions about this car. The owner is leaving the town and he wants to sell it. It's a 1991 with 128k mileage. According to him, he bought it before 3 years for $18,600. During these 3 years he didn't do maintenance other than changing oil. Also, he use it mainly as a weekend car only, so he has driven it around 40 to 50 times only during these 3 years and it was kept in the garage all time.
He is willing to let it go for $12,000.
I test drove the car and I didn't notice anything wrong with it. it seemed very healthy.
BTW, the original wheels are also available with tyres and included in that price.
What do you think?

2ikqoa8.jpg

I forgot to mention that the ABS and traction control lights are on. I asked the owner and he said that they were on since he bought the car and he didn't check them up becuase they weren't affecting the driving of the car.

That is a steal and probably a salvage title. It looks nice though. Just have it checked by a reputible mechanic.
Good luck
Blaine

if you drove it and it seems right, that could be an absolute steal. even with the amount of miles on it, and a salvage title on it, it would still normally fetch around the 20K mark, saying there aren't other problems with it...

good find.

Get a PPI ASAP, then buy it ASAP. If that car were on Ebay for that amount people would swear it was a scam. If it checks out, you've done very well.

That seems really fishy to me...All honesty Ive never seen an nsx go for 12k....are you sure thats what hes asking for it? Something just doesnt seem right idk tho...best of luck (I think that its a scam cause all honesty, the engine in the nsx is 9k there is no way the whole car is 12k)

Last edited:
Let us know what happens. I am very curious.

Why is he "looking to leave town" ???

PPI is a must. Get it ASAP.

Carfax? VIN?

WHAT? is this april fools joke? i thought we were in October .. hey, if you don't want, let me know, i have cash in hands :)

at first i saw $12000 than i'm thinking scam, than i read that you actually have driven this car.

buy it now!!!! most trash nsx's still sells for close to $20,000 this guy obviously has no idea what hes got.

The reason for this price is because the guy is in Saudi Arabia, and here in Saudi no body really knows the value of this car. So, even with $ 12000 still nobody was interested to buy it.

The reason for this price is because the guy is in Saudi Arabia, and here in Saudi no body really knows the value of this car. So, even with $ 12000 still nobody was interested to buy it.
I just spent close to half this on maintenance expenses. Even with shipping from Saudi to the US it's still a steal.

However, if you're using it in Saudi then you need to base your valuation on local market prices. It might be cheap to us here in the US but might still be expensive over there comparatively. Think 'resale value' that's if you ever plan to sell it.

man thats a great price!

Sounds like I need to make a trip to saudi when I start looking for my NSX!

:biggrin:

deal of a lifetime!!

There's no doubt about that, now that you have that beauty in your hands. Now get some suspension parts and drop it like it's hot!

Back