1991 NSX 60K miles JDM ENGINE 25000$

godspeed01

Suspended
Hi everyone,

Just found a 1991 NSX with 60k miles on the body. The owner put in an JDM NSX engine after the first one needed to be replaced. New clutch put in while the engine was done. Car has carbon fiber everything basically....

carbon fiber hood, side skits, back skirt, cf wing and CF mirrors.

Also the car comes with the origial hood and another CF hood and factory spoiler and mirrors.

Everything sounds alright.

When i car faxed the car. it had odometer roll back. However, the car is from Canada, so when the first person registered here in the USA they put the Km as Miles, the second owner put down the converted miles as the actural milage and of course it comes up short.

What do you guys think? :confused:

Also the car has a clear title and no accidents however it was in a theft recovery up in canada when it was there.

Um.........

Some feedback would be great. If everythign is ok buy u guys ill fly to FL to get the car on saturday.

Picutres Up

IMAG0009.JPG

IMAG0010.JPG

IMAG0011.JPG

IMAG0012.JPG

IMAG0013.JPG

IMAG0014.JPG

IMAG0015.JPG

IMAG0016.JPG

IMAG0017.JPG

IMAG0018.JPG

IMAG0019.JPG

IMAG0020.JPG

IMAG0021.JPG

IMAG0022.JPG

IMAG0023.JPG

IMAG0024.JPG

IMAG0025.JPG

IMAG0026.JPG

IMAG0027.JPG

IMAG0028.JPG

IMAG0029.JPG

Love to get some feedback on this car for lets say... $22K

thank all of you in advance for yout time! :biggrin:

Make a reasonable offer, of-course after dealer inspection!

You need the Acura Pre-Purchase Inspection done to find out more about this NSX, due to the odometer reports being inconsistent and the theft-recovery status on the title. As you may know, Florida is the "dry-cleaner" of car titles in America, namely for wrecked/ salvaged/ rebuilt/ totalled/ stolen/ theft-recovery/ flood-damage, etc cars & vehicles.

A few Mugen/Erubuni body-kit parts on there (ie. side-skirts, rear bumper valance). Tints look to be in good shape. The aftermarket wing might be Taitec, unsure. Is the paint original? It has nice finish to it, atleast from the pics. The exhaust I am unsure of as well (rect. quad-tip?!?), but the wheels are Volk GT-C's in gunmetal & polished lip... very nice.

If I was seriously interested in this NSX, I'd try to find as much info. on it based on it's VIN number (where it's been registered, etc) and then call up the Acura dealerships to see what maint./service has been done it. Also, see where it stands in terms of consumables (wear-n-tear items).

Then I would as a local NSX'er or tow on NSXPrime.com to go and take a look at the NSX, try to assess as much as they can from the visit and informal inspection. If they give it a thumbs-up, then arrange for it to be checked out by a local Acura dealership service shop. Have them perform the Pre-Purchase Inspection. Since you say you're handy w/ cars, you can even ask them to look into some other things that are important (accident indicators, panel allignment/gaps, structure/frame, engine/drivetrain, clutch, etc). Also, make sure there is no issues w/ registering it in your state/locality as this is an imported vehicle from Canada, not a US-spec car.

If the Acura dealership give it a thumbs-up, book a ticket to fly down south & drive it home!

Goodluck. Also, buy the NSX'ers who check-out the NSX for you a beer or two or three... and me a pizza (send it in dry-ice) and sell me your CF side mirrors, and the extra vented CF hood, lol. . . :biggrin:

[BTW, I personally prefer this NSX to the other higher-miles one *IF* the NSX Prime members who see it give it a thumbs-up and the Acura P.P.I. doesn't find anything out of the ordinary!]

never knew about FL salvage wash capital of the usa :eek:

I just found out the car is in Houston right now with the seller's uncle becase the guy who owns the car is over seas right now and selling it because what was a 6 month job position is turning to a full time multi year opertunity. Anyone in houston willing to take a peek at this car for me?
The Volk rims are very nice and i do like carbon fiber... my supra is all Carboned up. Also it comes with 2 extra hoods... so im guessing i can sell that for 600$ on ebay of something.

When i call a local Acura dealer ship, do i just give then the vin number and see if they can pull up the information?

Round trip right now is about 380$

and one way is 270... so for 110$ more i get insurance just in case i dont like the car i can come right back....

lol the CF mirrors look nice. they are about $250 on ebay.

From what i see and all the parts, the person didnt hold back on the $.... the CF parts for NSX are hard to find and not to mention pricy... VOLK rim package is a good 2500$+ for this set. Supposity he flew someone in from LA to FL to drop in the JDM engine..... the parts look soild. IM trying to get a picture of the engine bay and under carrage to see if anything is off or leaking.

Also will this JDM pass the california SMOG? .... :mad: JDMS with no EGR system and other non emmission legal stuff....

Once again, i hate to bother people but if anyone lives close to houston, i would apprecaite a PM or a msg.

For starters look at the front hood compartment. It looks to me like it has been wrecked. The radiator support looks funny as does the radiator. Look at the mounting points of the fender and headlights. Could be the picture but doesnt look right. Ive built somewhere near 100 wrecked vehicles for a hobby and extra money and worked for honda for years and i would say by the pictures that it looks like a rebuilt car. My nsx i bought was on the rough side and i have slowly been bringing it back to acceptable levels but has been alot of work just catching up on the things that should have been done already. And i get a wholesale discount and do my own labor. Its been a good deal for me but unless you have alot of experiance time and money it isnt for the faint of heart on these cars. Other than the front end issues it is very dirty and negelected in just plain ol care in the keeping it clean department. Look at the cooling tank in the engine department or the engine cover. Coolant tank appears like it has had alot of coolant all over it and not cleaned for some time. I could go on but really if you are that interested inthis car please have some one look at it close on a lift that knows what to look for. And follow the check list in the faq.

ya i saw the coolant also and was wondering about that. Over heating? head gasket? :eek: I never seen an engine compartment on the nsx so i dont know what to look for. You must know better due to expereince.

Im getting on contact with IBC tomorrow and see what history they have on this car in canada.

It might just be a salvaged car washed in FL.

Thanks for the heads up great info.

If seriously interested in the NSX above, post in the Southwest Forums. A Houston-area NSX'er may be able to check the car out for you, there are quite a few enthusiasists in the area.

There is also an independant shop: Autologic Inc, it specializes in imports and NSX'es. Brad, the owner & technician is a former NSX owner and member on 'Prime. Maybe worthwhile to get in touch w/ him and work something out for an inspection/evaluation, the Pre-Purchase Inspection check-list is in the FAQ's of 'Prime. {www.Autologicinc.com}

Otherwise, getting a P.P.I. from Acura requires the owner to drop the car off at the dealership based on an appointment, you have to work that out w/ him & also the costs, etc. As far as the NSX'es maint/serv history, you just have to call around various Acura dealer's and give them VIN# and see what comes up. Being a Canadian NSX, you have do some extra bit of homework. Use the Car-Fax'es list of records to pick which Acura locations to call.

Why would a car with only 60k (suposedly) need a new motor? ..oh yeah cuz the car and motor were beat to hell and back! This car looks beat up and micky mouse who knows what kind of problems this car may have after years of abuse ...Keep looking :smile:

mrbone said:
The radiator support looks funny as does the radiator. Look at the mounting points of the fender and headlights.

I agree with this. Also on the radiator support is missing all the Honda stickers (there should be three 1)Honda of Japan 2)ac info and 3) i cant remember off the top of my head) Some of the rubber stripping, like around the headlights and a stop on the left side are missing. Also when looking at the engine comparment why is the engine cover laying on the trunk of the car. It's one thing to have it off but why have it sitting there for the pic?? On the 9th picture of the Volk wheels there is a obvious bolt holding the plastic inner liner of the fender, that's not correct and might be a clue that it was removed and something went on in the fender area.

just my $0.02

Good luck finding a NSX. It took me almost a year to find mine.

Nik

ok looks like its a no go by unanamious decision :biggrin:

Love the CF stuff tho. I think i was blinded by all the carbon fiber parts :tongue:

thanks for all the help.

:wink:

btw the bolt on the inner fender is to keep the aftermarket CF side skirt on :) not the most graceful solution but it works.

It looks about right for NSX in $20-25k range. If you don't want to spend more than $28-29k, this is the type of deal you'll find. You WILL find somethings wrong with the car. So if you want to buy a clean NSX, then spend more than $30k. If you don't, then go with this one or that other high mileage one.

the car I bought was a 92 blk on blk 98k t belt been done and 90k too, strong clutch, almost perfect interior with the normal drivers seat wear, ext had normal amount of rock chipping and everything worked :windows,climate cont,tcs,audio, needed a coolent bottle of course but no problems otherthan that and I paid 25k so keep looking till you find a car that has been owned by someone that has taken care of it..just my 2 cents..JZ

Back