1991 for $10,000?

i just ran across a 91 in perfect condition, 81,000 miles... Blue book is saying a little more than $20,000. I know not a thing about these cars, other than they are HOT, SEXY and EXPENSIVE. From the pics, the car looks awesome... I am in kuwait and if this deal is true... I am not going to pass it up, even sight-unseen. I emailed the guy and he said it's good to go. I am giving him a deposit to hold the car for me until i get back to CA in Feb. What do you guys think? I found it on cars.cm yesterday and he took it down today. Between the emails being exchanged and the fact that he took his ad down... im leaning towards the fact that I might just be the luckiest guy in the world...Too good to be true? I am super excited and ready to do this RIGHT NOW. Opinions?

I know I Nigerian who has $$$$ millions and just needs your help. Don't be a chump this is scam 1000000%. Any money you DONATE will be gone forever.

What about a binding contract? i mean, the guy is in contact through email right now and is only 52 miles from my house in the CA. If he doesnt agree to signing an agreement with me, then i definitely wont do this. I also dont want him to feel like his car is worth something... because it really is! and i dont want price to go up!

1991 for $10,000? NO WAY

Please tell me that you have not sent this guy any monies............Shakes head

wow... 10k:eek:
what's more then a steal. too good to be true.
if its true, then you really are a lucky sonofagun.
it its not, then that'll just really suck man.
i think u should have waited a bit on depositing money tho.
$$$ gone missing is not a good feeling.
good luck.

I have some beach front property in AZ for sale too....I'm excepting a small deposit to hold:redface:

dude, if you sent any money, consider it gone...you got scammed:frown:

If it sounds to good to be true...IT IS

good luck...I hope you didn't send any money to this guy:confused:

well the thing is is that im in kuwait right now with work. I dont get back until Feb. No, I have not sent any money yet for deposit. just waiting for him to send me a number to call him and discuss. The guy has sent me multiple emails and described his terms for the sale. ill copy and paste it from the email i got from him... here it goes:

Hey bro,

Please read my terms of this sale:
1-we will do this deal ONLY with Great Shipping Economy 2-i will start the shipping first and you will receive a confirmation from Great Shipping Economy that the shipping is started.also you will receive the deposit form.
3-they will ask you to send a deposit of $2,500 (on one of their agent,for a better security),so i can be sure that i'm not selling the car for nothing.
4-after you put the money,you must send the deposit details to Great Shipping Economy via email or fax.(they will provide you the fax #) 5-i will NOT have access to any deposit details until you receive and until you are pleased with the condition of the car.
6-ONLY after you inspect and decide to keep the car,email Great Shipping Economy and tell them to release me the deposit details.
7-in case that you don't like the car,email Great Shipping Economy and request to get your money back.(you will NOT loose any money) 8-if you decide to keep the car,after i pick up the $2,500 deposit,we must discuss and see how and when you will be able to send the rest of money 9-for this i need your full name,full address (street,city,zip,state)so i can forward to Great Shipping Economy to start the transaction.
Thanks a nice day !

Alright, no i googled this "Great Shipping Economy" and nothing comes up. I would like to believe this is legit and it definitely sounds too good to be true. I wont go through with this until I'm absolutely sure it's legit. $2500 can buy lots of booze, gas and beautiful women :) haha. anyways, im going to keep following this and see where i end up, whether it's a scam or not... ill let you guys know. Keeping my fingers crossed that this guy probably just bought a new bugatti and needs the room beside his modenas, gallardos, and maseratis haha!

Christ I could spell it out to you in thousands of different languages, but the same word comes crawling back into my head : SCAM!

dang... im going to talk to the guy and send a friend out to look at the car in person before deciding what to do next. who knows, could definitely be a scam and the car probably doesnt even exist! but.... if the person on the other side is seriously getting rid of this car at that price... could you sleep at night knowing that you walked away from possibly owning an Acura NSX for only $10,000??? I couldnt...

I wouldn't sleep at night knowing I lost $10,000.

Trust me, I had a friend who BADLY needed to sell a diamond ring and was holding out hope that the guy on the other end in "Great Britain" was completely genuine. He was tryin to sell it for $1700, and the guy said that he would send him $3000 so that he could send him back the ring and $1300. COMPLETE SCAM. No one will send you more money than an item costs.

We've seen these things come and go. You can tell it's a scam by his little nuances and the fact that his shipping company is called Great Shipping Economy. DO NOT SEND HIM ANY MORE MESSAGES THROUGH YOUR EMAIL. They take it and use it.

We understand you're holding out hope to own a great car, but you're holding out hope for an idea that has no chance of materializing.

guys, I think we've tried enough already, and I personally wish Vossler all the best with his new purchase. If he is the only one that can see the car is genuine, regardless of how many people say otherwise, than good luck to him. We can form an orderly queue outside Vosslers house, politely ring the door bell, and upon answering, we can take orderly turns to slap him on the cheek, shouting "this is a SCAM" until such time as Vossler finally wakes up to the idea, or we get bored trying to state the bleeding obvious.

you can't even buy a smashed wreck of an NSX for $10000, so why the hell do you think you'll be getting an immacculate car!

if however, this is an elaborate wind-up by vossler, then I hope spiders crawl up your nostrils as you sleep!

Confirm or not, it'll be a waste of time IMO. Anyone who owned/owns an Nsx have some degree of understanding it's value. 10g's is way off the scale of realism, even with a Ford Engine in it. Even the shell of the Nsx is worth more than that. If it smells like shit, you don't have to see it to make sure it is shit. Even if it's not, you won't want to eat it anyways.

dang... im going to talk to the guy and send a friend out to look at the car in person before deciding what to do next. who knows, could definitely be a scam and the car probably doesnt even exist! but.... if the person on the other side is seriously getting rid of this car at that price... could you sleep at night knowing that you walked away from possibly owning an Acura NSX for only $10,000??? I couldnt...
Yes, definitely have your friend arrange to see the car in person. I can guarantee you that the seller will come up with phony excuses about why the car can't be seen. Any legitimate seller is more than happy to show a car to a prospective buyer or his representative.

Keep in mind that the seller is only after your deposit, and then will vanish as soon as he receives it...

I think you should do it. After all, what's money in the grand scheme of things?:)
Why in the world would you need to trailer a car that is less than 75 miles away? LMAO!!

Why would he sell it to you in Kuwait for $10k when he could sell it tomorrow to ANYONE on the street (including a dealership) for $15k without even breaking a sweat.

Kiss your deposit goodbye.

THERE IS NO CAR.

He doesn't have it. He will not be able to show it to you or anyone else.

These frauds get you hooked because they make you think you'll get to have the car delivered, and if you approve, you release the funds. It makes it sound like you have no risk. But there is no car, it will never show up, and of course your deposit will be gone.

The "seller" just wants to a few quick bucks in the size of the deposit, not the sale amount.

DO NOT DO IT.

Back