1991 Comptech Supercharged..good deal or trouble?

Seems like too low of a price if its S/C'd and all but hey if its real then someone jump on it!

http://www.nostreetracing.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5156

My boy, Andrew Do, is selling his NSX and he wanted me to post it around for him.

1991 NSX Spa Yellow 5spd w/ 78,894 miles

Motor Mods:

Comptech Supercharger
Comptech Exhaust
Exedy Dual Ceramic Twin Disc Clutch
Unknown Headers
Arospeed Intake

Exterior:

Unknown Coilovers
Wings West Lip Kit w/ wing
03 Tail Lights

ICE:

Custom Interior Color Matched with Alpine In-Dash and Alpine EQ

VIN: JH4NA1157MT003029

ambience.jpg

The rims in the picture are not included.

Ask for Andrew Do

Asking Price: $25,000 OBO

So is this a good deal or a lemon?

I didn't go into it to much.
How about the title? Why would the car be completely repainted? Spa yellow wasn't a factory color in 91. Sooooo, what would lead someone to do that? What about maintenance? Who did the install on the s/c?
Without that info, it is very difficult to say.

All good comments guys especially the salvage title part. I'd be damned suspicous myself and the guy's "son" - qualifies it - unknown parts qualifies it too. Run hard put up wet with lots of differed maintenance is what this spells to me. I wouldn't touch it. That's why it's 25k. Actually that's not a bad price for all those go fast goodies - the SC alone is worth 7500 taken off and sold as a part if it's in good shape. Interesting....but not for an older guy that has bucks for an original car. This is for a young guy in my opinion. Better get a PPI if anyone is serious about it, absolutely!

Thanks Hi Jacker, the group was certainly suspicous with good cause as it turns out. This is the kind of car I wouldn't look at twice but then I'm an OEM guy almost but I will say those comptech headers on my car sure look nice when I got under the car to look at something. Give it a good sound too. I'm starting to get excited to drive my car again tonight! What a ride!

Thanks Hi Jacker, the group was certainly suspicous with good cause as it turns out. This is the kind of car I wouldn't look at twice but then I'm an OEM guy almost but I will say those comptech headers on my car sure look nice when I got under the car to look at something. Give it a good sound too. I'm starting to get excited to drive my car again tonight! What a ride!

I tried calling the guy and it went to voicemail. If you get a chance to listen the voicemail, that was another big turnoff that would tell me to NEVER fly to Texas to see this car and consider it. I like how it's modded, the bodywork is tasteful - but it definitely has a "unique" history.

I dont think theres anything risky about buying a modded car as long as you know the history and thats just as true for full OEM also. Many "bone stock" cars I looked at had big accident histories. My first NSX (the 98) was bone stock but I later learned there was extensive paint work. The (heavily modded) car I ended up buying recently (as my third and latest NSX) has had a clean documented history owned by Prime members.

Its really all down to whether or not you can trace where the car came from and who owned it with the NSX, I believe.

Back