1991 acura nsx - jh4na115xmt003042

I came across this 91 Sebring NSX with a great price (2XXK)

7656519506.247212930.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

I called the seller asking for more pictures and records, he said that the car looks excellent and drives fantastic, the inside it;s like "new" ... he doesn't have records from the 2 previous owners, I will admit, @ this price is very very tempting , I ran a CARFAX and came across clean with 9 records, all clean but:
=====
08/27/2002:
Accident reported
in Bergen County
Involving front impact
It hit another motor vehicle
Front area primarily damaged
Vehicle towed
======
10/09/2002:
Open Road Acura of Wayne
Wayne, NJ
Vehicle serviced
Four wheel alignment performed
=====
The rest of the records are about title, and vehicle inspections = No Issues Reported
======

I will get pictures on Monday but i wish i could check b4 ... the seller sounds very nice and he does something many don't, he listens to you ,,, still i am not sure if this is a good deal ... what you guys think? .. should i call my bank and get all ready, then go and give up if the car sucks? .. the dealer told me i can drive ANYWHERE in the US due the good mechanic condition ... (from NJ to FL) ...
Thanks for your advise
Oscar

Last edited:
And here are the main reasons i like it:

1) Love the price
2) Love the fact it doesn't have a front airbag so i can carry my kid if necessary
3) It's sebring silver .... love that color ...
4) i can bring it back to the 21st century with 17-18's + WW + the top matching color + lowering a bit
5) exhaust
6) more N/A power ...

to bad the seller has only 3 pictures for now, no engine ones, but he guaranteed me the engine it's clean and perfect ... in the same time, having no records means i'll have to dump 2K on the major belts etc maintenance things + as now i have no serial for the transmission so i could check for Snap ring ...

Oscar

Last edited:
How many miles on it? Unless its 200k thats WAY cheap!

wow for 82500 miles i think its a steal. i bet the TB and WP is origional so u need to get those done. if i were u i would go take a look and get it a PPI done before purchase and see how severe is the front end damage before purchase. most experienced body shop can usually tell how severe the accident it had. good luck on the purchase.
Jeff

Yeah, seems like only in 93 this car was registered .... by experience can you identify why this could happen? .. thanks for your input + help
OScar

Why what could happen?

Originally delivered on 11/26/1991 = But the title was issued only on November 93 for the fist time (even it had some thousand miles) ..

Maybe was a dealer car or something? (sorry i was just curious)
Oscar

The date of first title (in states like PA) I believe is the date that it was first titled in that state.....not necessarily the first time it was ever titled.

A Carfax would reveal this for certain.

It says basically it was "Title issued or updated" in 93, but I understand, well thanks, =)

OScar

Back