1991 Acura NSX 20k mi $32,000

I ran into a 91 Acura NSX with about 20k mi. its been fully serviced except I believe the transmission is in snap ring range (original clutch). No accidents - no wear. garaged kept.

If everything and ACURA PPI inspection turns out ok do you think its a good deal?

They want $32000.
Thanks in advance for your opinions and help.

To me, that seems a little high. I just bought a '93 for just a tad more than $32K. Maybe I got a better deal than I thought, or the fact that the car was coming up on major preventive maintenance work. The real question you have to ask yourself is are you willing to part with $32K for the car? If so, I'd do it.

I have a '91 with 20,700 miles and 02 wheels. It is in excellent condition. Mine is not a snap ring concern, for I had it preventatively repaired. I have had the major services done.

I would not sell mine for that price.

It is a fair deal!!! Have the PPI done...

93BlkOnBlkNSX said:
To me, that seems a little high. I just bought a '93 for just a tad more than $32K. Maybe I got a better deal than I thought, or the fact that the car was coming up on major preventive maintenance work. The real question you have to ask yourself is are you willing to part with $32K for the car? If so, I'd do it.
there is not a lot of difference between 91 and 93's, especially in price.

The question one should ask is: how many 91's are there now with 20k or less miles, in perfect condition?

The answer is: not many at all. The seller, if he/she is not motivated to sell quickly, can pick any reasonable price.

it's all relative...

hmmm... The deal as-is seems below market value despite being in the snap-ring range.

As per Prime's FAQ Pricing Guide:

http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/BuySell/pricing.htm

1991 NSX in "A" condition: $30,000 - $35,000

A: Excellent condition across the board. Very well maintained, low miles. No deferred maintenance.

1991 NSX in "A+" condition: $35,000 - $40,000

A+: Perfect in every way. Like it just came out of a museum. Very low miles. Fully documented.

For reference:
Average miles for a NSX is 5,000/year. So for a 14-15 yr old NSX, it's mileage is expected to be 70-75,000 miles to be considered "average miles".

Low miles for a NSX is 2,500/year. 35-37,500 miles should be expected in a NSX 14-15 yrs old to be considered "low mileage".

The "snap-ring range" transmission can be dealt w/ in a preventative/pro-active manner by changing the upper transmission/crank case before it fails (cost in the range of $1400 for parts/labour).

It also can be driven until it fails... a novel idea for those who may plan to do the 6spd transmission updgrade, and/or change to Jpn short-gears & R&P to 4.55, and/or go for an aftermarket clutch & lightened flywheel.

IMHO, you can wrangle on the price if you choose- but it's more than a fair deal priced as-is (provided it's in near-mint condition exterior/interior wise & ALL scheduled maint/service has been done, ie. 4yr/60k and 6yr/90k major services!). Just remember, spring is here & summer is near! Prices on sportscars tend to be solid in the NorthEast after the winter-thaw.

Good find, keep us posted! :cool:

similar problem
I am buying a 91 or 92 NSX. after doing internet searches I flew to Reno 2 weekends ago to look @ one and last weekend went to LA and looked at 5 or 6. The one that I liked was a 92, very clean with newer paint do to a keying by someone, updated exhaust , some suspension work, beautiful wheels,& new clutch(race).The other is 91 with 45k has 94 wheels and a stereo upgrade and has had 90k work done everything else is stock. it was on the eastcoast now in the southeast I have not seen this one yet but have seen many pics and will have it checked by a technician referred by Mark Bach 92 is 25k . 91 is 28k. probably a no brainer but i have seen the high mileage car and it is a beauty taken care of very well. both carfax out clean. Opinions anyone ?

good purchase, go ahead!

There is a 1992 with 21k miles one owner in the autotrader. The location of the car is in maryland and they are asking $31000 and just completed the timing belt...... they were unsured about snap ring. no paint work and one dent on the hood....

has anybody viewed this car?

Back