18/19 Pics

Have to thank my buddy Brad for taking these pictures.

The set up is: Dazz Matiz wheels 18" front and 19" rear. Bridgestone SO3's all the way around 225/35ZR-18 (front) and 275/30ZR-19 (rear). The only rubbing is when the wheel is turned all the way when backing I SLIGHTLY rub the air vents in the front wheel wells. The car has been lowered about an inch using Eibach springs.

Tiatec exhaust...sweet sounding!!

I am getting a some Bilsteins installed next week along with a new front lip....lowering does have its drawbacks!

Attachments

• NXS1.jpg
    NXS1.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 1,854
  • NSX2.jpg
    NSX2.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 1,802
  • NSX3.jpg
    NSX3.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 1,851
Last edited:
great look..post specs pls on your setup ...wheels - brand style..tyres ..offsets spacers suspension work [if any] etc thanks
Nicely done :smile:

David Down Under

That was the wheels I wanted to get back in 02 when I upgraded to aftermarket wheels. I LOVED them then, and I still think they're beautiful now. Looking great!

When I first saw the pics, I thought they were some Racing Harts, as I've seen some that looked exactly like that on another NSX. Looks really good and sets the car off well :smile:

Bought them 4 years ago through Americas Tire...even got one extra rear they had laying around! If I ever trade up NSX's...I'm keeping the rims :smile:

very nice set-up... :wink:

I don't like the wheels, but damn they are starting to grow on me! :rolleyes:

Todd McKelvie said:
The set up is: Dazz Matiz wheels 18" front and 19" rear. Bridgestone SO3's all the way around. The car has been lowered about an inch using Eibach springs. Tiatec exhaust...sweet sounding!!

They look incredible, looks very expensive and exotic.

I love the look of your wheels, 7 spoke always look good on NSX.

Did the car felt any slower with 18/19s? or is it just so minor that it can not even be felt. I love the look of 18/19s, but I am probably going with 17/17 combo, maybe 17/18 if someone can assure me that I will not lose any straightline acceleration.

To answer the question on why now install them...cause I am a lazy sob. Have had the Bilsteins sitting in the garage for about a year!

I installed the tire and wheels the week I bought the car so I don't know if there is any difference versus stock....sure there is so difference...just no reference point for me.

nsxsupra said:
maybe 17/18 if someone can assure me that I will not lose any straightline acceleration.

I just weigh a set of 5-spoke OEM 15/16 with SO3s against Volk LE37T 17/18 with Yokohama ES100 tires. Considering that the SO3s has 80% tread and the ES100 only has 30%, the fronts on the Volk w/tires are actually 1.5lbs lighter than the OEM and the rears (9.5" with 275/35-18) are only 0.5lb heavier. THe Volk 17/18 will probably not affect acceleration.

Handling wise, they have very different feel. Of course the tires have a lot to do with it.

nsxsupra said:
They look incredible, looks very expensive and exotic.

I love the look of your wheels, 7 spoke always look good on NSX.

Did the car felt any slower with 18/19s? or is it just so minor that it can not even be felt. I love the look of 18/19s, but I am probably going with 17/17 combo, maybe 17/18 if someone can assure me that I will not lose any straightline acceleration.
Anytime you add weight to the rim/tire combo, you should expect slowing down the car. You might not necessarily feel it though. I have been waiting for my Volk rims to come since 8 months ago. I will be using Toyos T1s to achieve the lightest weight for 18/19 application.
Steve

CDub said:
I just weigh a set of 5-spoke OEM 15/16 with SO3s against Volk LE37T 17/18 with Yokohama ES100 tires. Considering that the SO3s has 80% tread and the ES100 only has 30%, the fronts on the Volk w/tires are actually 1.5lbs lighter than the OEM and the rears (9.5" with 275/35-18) are only 0.5lb heavier. THe Volk 17/18 will probably not affect acceleration.

Handling wise, they have very different feel. Of course the tires have a lot to do with it.
The LE37s are very heavy compared to the SE's or CE's.

Edgemts said:
The LE37s are very heavy compared to the SE's or CE's.
How did you come up with such statement? I currently use LE37k which is the same as the SE37 but with a diamond cut lip. They both weigh the same. I have had TE37, LE37T, and now LE37K. The LE37k is a little lighter than the TE37 and the LE37T. In fact, I am waiting for my 18/19 LE37T to arrive. I wouldn't have ordered them to replace my LE37K if they are "very heavy" compared to my current wheels.
Steve

whiteNSXs said:
How did you come up with such statement? I currently use LE37k which is the same as the SE37 but with a diamond cut lip. They both weigh the same. I have had TE37, LE37T, and now LE37K. The LE37k is a little lighter than the TE37 and the LE37T. In fact, I am waiting for my 18/19 LE37T to arrive. I wouldn't have ordered them to replace my LE37K if they are "very heavy" compared to my current wheels.
Steve
The LE's are 7-8 pounds per wheel heavier than the Ce28 or the SE's.
To be honest I havent weighed the LE's I have here but they feel 25lbs heavier than my se's.
I will try to put them on the scales in the next few days and get you the details.
I believe the ce28 and se37 are ~17.5lbs for a 18x9.5, I need to check my records but I think thats right.
I thought the LE's came in around 24-25lbs, again going off of memory.
But I will tell you one feel's light one feels like a lead weight.
I also could be off base on your actual wheel model.
Again I will check, my apologies if my statement is incorrect.
there are very few wheel choices when your needing to stay light,
from my research the only NSX wheels in the 17lbs range 18-9.5
are the rays- se's the ce's and the work emotion. in the 18lbs are the ssr race and the forgline race, there are a few more in the 19lbs one piece forged wheels, but after that most of the wheels out there are in the 21lbs + area. That I have found anyways.

Eibachs only lowered it an inch?

Edgemts said:
The LE's are 7-8 pounds per wheel heavier than the Ce28 or the SE's.
To be honest I havent weighed the LE's I have here but they feel 25lbs heavier than my se's.
I will try to put them on the scales in the next few days and get you the details.
I believe the ce28 and se37 are ~17.5lbs for a 18x9.5, I need to check my records but I think thats right.
I thought the LE's came in around 24-25lbs, again going off of memory.
But I will tell you one feel's light one feels like a lead weight.
I also could be off base on your actual wheel model.
Again I will check, my apologies if my statement is incorrect.
there are very few wheel choices when your needing to stay light,
from my research the only NSX wheels in the 17lbs range 18-9.5
are the rays- se's the ce's and the work emotion. in the 18lbs are the ssr race and the forgline race, there are a few more in the 19lbs one piece forged wheels, but after that most of the wheels out there are in the 21lbs + area. That I have found anyways.
TE37 17x7.5 is somewhere 16-17 lbs and the 18x9.5 is somewhere 18lbs. These are very respectable numbers. My LE37Ks are a little lighter I believe is 15lbs front and 17 something rear. The 25lbs wheels are probably the iForged, HRE stuffs.
Steve

whiteNSXs said:
TE37 17x7.5 is somewhere 16-17 lbs and the 18x9.5 is somewhere 18lbs. These are very respectable numbers. My LE37Ks are a little lighter I believe is 15lbs front and 17 something rear. The 25lbs wheels are probably the iForged, HRE stuffs.
Steve
Sorry my mistake
I guess I should go away, I was way off base on your wheels
I dont know why but I was thinking the LE's where the GTC's
:frown:
I was looking for other wheels prior to one lap and my choices were very limited, nobody had or could get what I wanted.
I didnt look at TE/le because they were not available in the sizes I wanted.

Back