• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

17/18 wheels

Hey, I noticed that there are a few of us on this site looking for 17/18. Perhaps, we could persued a vendor to give us all a package deal. I have interest in HRE 547, Work Anhelo, Racing Hart M6, Blitz 03, Volk GT-C with 215/35/17f 285/30/18r S03. What style of wheels/tires are you looking for?

Hey, I noticed that there are a few of us on this site looking for 17/18. Perhaps, we could persued a vendor to give us all a package deal. I have interest in HRE 547, Work Anhelo, Racing Hart M6, Blitz 03, Volk GT-C with 215/35/17f 285/30/18r S03. What style of wheels/tires are you looking for?

I haven't thought it all out yet. However, a friend, who was in the tire business, gave me a phone # to a friend of his who owns Perfomance Tires & Wheels. I will be speaking with him tommorrow. I also contacted another guy regarding my wish list and he told me that the M6 are hard to get. What sizes are you thinking for wheels and tires? I think we would have a bit more nogotiating power if we were after the same thing.

One thing that has been brought to my attention... the M6 and the HRE are both very heavy wheels compared to the OEM 16/17 @ 16.8lbs front and 20.9 rear. The M6 are in the 26-29lb. range the HRE 23-26lbs. The Volk and OZ Superleggera III (meaning ultra light in italian) are in the 15-22lb range depending on style. Just a side note, perhaps, it's all a mute point unless we were on the track. Feed back anyone?

How about we post this to some other section like "Vendor Support"? We can attract attations more from interested vendors.

I am interested in Racing Hart M5 and M6, Volk GT-C and GT-P, OZ Supperleggera III, SSR GT3, Blitz Z1, IForged FS and RS series, HRE 546R, 441R and 447R. I am indifferent about 17/18, 18/18, or 18/19.

You guys are in luck. We are warehouse distributors for HRE, Volk Racing, Axis, Racing Heart, etc. So if you guys want to get a bunch of people to buy some wheels, we can definitely hook you all up. You can check out our website at www.ForPerformance.com or check my signature for contact info. Thanks!

Best regards,

Mike
NorthEast Auto Design

www.ForPerformance.com
1.800.296.6560 ext. 202

[This message has been edited by NEADmike (edited 08 January 2003).]

Tiger740 I think your idea to post to "Vendor Support" is great. Yellow Pad did you get some prices back from your wholesalers? I got some from one guy and not good enough! Email me at [email protected] and talk.

i am in...how many people together do you require for a discount? and what kind of discount?

Originally posted by NEADmike:
You guys are in luck. We are warehouse distributors for HRE, Volk Racing, Axis, Racing Heart, etc. So if you guys want to get a bunch of people to buy some wheels, we can definitely hook you all up. You can check out our website at www.ForPerformance.com or check my signature for contact info. Thanks!

Best regards,

Mike
NorthEast Auto Design

www.ForPerformance.com
1.800.296.6560 ext. 202

[This message has been edited by NEADmike (edited 08 January 2003).]

Originally posted by Fun2romein:
Tiger740 your list of wheels is a great one. Do you really want 18/19?

I would prefer 17/18 setup to 18/19 setup. However, most of the rims that I like such as HRE 500 and 400 "R" series or OZ Superleggera III do not come in 17. I could go for 17/18 HRE 500 regular series, but I really want the flat lips on R series.
Perhaps, I should go for 18/18 setup if I am set on HREs.

Originally posted by yellowpad:
i am in...how many people together do you require for a discount? and what kind of discount?

Well first we'd have to pick a brand that everyone would be interested in (Only one brand) ie HRE. Then we'd require at least 3-5 sets for a good discount, however, if you think this isn't possible, I can quote you for a single set of rims for yourself. Let me know.

Best regards,

Mike
NorthEast Auto Design www.ForPerformance.com
1.800.296.6560 ext. 202

Tiger 740 I'm with you. The majority of wheels that I like, as well, are only availabe in 18 or larger. However, I do believe that 18"+ could make for even a much rougher ride, not to mention harder on the stock gearbox set up. So, that leaves a narrow selection of wheels to choose from. HRE 500 series which are very expensive. If we could get the 3-5 required in the same brand I would have my guy price for us as well. Do you have any other suggestions of wheels for 17/18 (17x7.5,8.0 & 18x9.5,10.0) setup? I will research again as well and post my findings.

Back