150shot of nitrous on "stock" engine

FINALLY on the forums
This is my first post as a proud NSX owner.
I have done my research before posting but I still was unable to get all my questions answered.
Ive seen that the max limit of nitrous on a stock engine is 100shot, from what ive read im ASSUMING that is all stock, just slapping on the kit and pushing the button.
Not pulling timing
No ecu tune
Nothing.
I want to run a 150shot and my question is, If i ran 550cc injectors and the tune I had accounted for the bigger injectors, and retarded timing accordingly.

Would that still be within the limits that the stock engine can handle?

Im assuming it would be, considering the added fuel alone from the injectors and pulled timing. I used to know the formula to compare effective compression ratio of boost & nitrous, because it seems 8-10psi is the max on a unopened engine.

Btw, forgot to mention it is going to be a wet shot
Any info/help is greatly appreciated

In theory with it properly set up, and tuned, it should be OK, but as you know with playing with cars.. You will not know unless you've tried it when pushing past what has been done before.

Before I owned my car, the previous owner stated he ran a 75shot, but from his 1/4 mile ET and MPH(11.9@118 or 11.8@119 I forget), I'd guess it was at least a 100shot.

What do you plan to tune with?

like you said IN THEROY, it should be ok. But im new to the nsx world, so was just asking for input.
I havent decided what im using as far as tuning goes, I like to ease of use with the greddy emanage and aem f/ic. I also like the haltech e8, it has a nitrous activation built in and you can specify the on and off point for the nitrous if it meets the criteria you set ( rpm, coolant temp, fuel pressure ) and it has an added fuel enrichment option once the nitrous is sprayed

I think it will work but nitrous is often unpredictable. I think the safest setup would be a 2 stage, direct port setup. Run 1st stage with around 60 HP off of a throttle switch and then run a second stage of around 90HP that could be activated through another switch (steering wheel mounted or something you prefer) or your engine management. I am recommending direct port because of the power level you want to use. The single fogger isn't going to distribute the nitrous as evenly as a direct port will.

You can run 150 shot. You just have to upgrade you fuel pump, gut your cats or replace it with test pipes for more flow so it wont back pressure on you and you will need to use race gas. Thats the only way you can run 150 shot.

since i have been using nitrous in all my cars you will need iridiun ngk BKR 9 EIX PLugs ( its a must for 150hp) direct port is always better cause you even out the distribution regular high octane pump gas is ok (wont need race gas)
here is my link of my set up...i know tha my motor is built and all but now my supercharger is off my car is back to stock and im spraying 150 shot on a stock motor will keep my aem to tune my stock motor but the nos that i will use i wont retard timing or anything ...basicly i have a stock motor with an aem ecu tunned for my all motor aplication and 150 shot nitrous that i have it hooked on my horn button it is a wet set up and i will be spraying only when i push on the horn

here is the link the jet sizing are the correct number just in case you choose to go the same way http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/163466-Video-of-my-NSX-6-fogger-supercharged

- - - Updated - - -

sorry wrong link this is my nitrous set up
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/151948-Supercharged-Nitrous-nsx

Last edited:
I forgot to mention, you will also need to change out your spark plugs to 1 degree colder spark plugs.

Last edited:
since i have been using nitrous in all my cars you will need iridiun ngk BKR 9 EIX PLugs ( its a must for 150hp) direct port is always better cause you even out the distribution regular high octane pump gas is ok (wont need race gas)
here is my link of my set up...i know tha my motor is built and all but now my supercharger is off my car is back to stock and im spraying 150 shot on a stock motor will keep my aem to tune my stock motor but the nos that i will use i wont retard timing or anything ...basicly i have a stock motor with an aem ecu tunned for my all motor aplication and 150 shot nitrous that i have it hooked on my horn button it is a wet set up and i will be spraying only when i push on the horn

here is the link the jet sizing are the correct number just in case you choose to go the same way http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/163466-Video-of-my-NSX-6-fogger-supercharged

- - - Updated - - -

sorry wrong link this is my nitrous set up
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/151948-Supercharged-Nitrous-nsx

Was timing modified any in the tune you are running? You are essentially running the exact setup Im gonna do.
ECU tuned for all motor
With nitrous
But I know for all motor applications you can ADVANCE the timing for better performace, with nitrous you want to RETARD timing.
thats why im asking was timing modified at all, or was the tune just to clean up air/fuel ratios??
and since you were running a suprcharger im assuming you ran bigger injectors, are those still in?

Back