150 shot need help only 113mph on qtr/ml

I need help anyone please my car has a 150 direct port and only went 12.2 @ 113 mph I think I might have a slipping clutch but clutch dosent feel like is slipping when i shift I dont even spin the tires not 1 or 2nd gear I have intake, exhaust, headers, cat bypass, and a 150 shot with of course complete fuel system fuel pump. fuel pressure regulator, I even drilled and tapped into my fuel rail please anyone theres nsx's with a 100 shot running 118mph on the quarter write back. Thank you

with that set up it'll depend wether you spray in 1st, what you launch at, what tires you run, what temp it is outside, wether you have weight reductions, etc the list goes on 12.2 isn't to bad unless you have most of the above sorted out already in which case start looking at clutches etc. randy says his car did an 11.9 @ 120mph but i'm sure he cranked the pill up for road and track to get a good 1/4 time so at best you would run around a high 11 after that maybe try high octane

Originally posted by NosNsx:
I need help anyone please my car has a 150 direct port and only went 12.2 @ 113 mph I think I might have a slipping clutch but clutch dosent feel like is slipping when i shift I dont even spin the tires not 1 or 2nd gear I have intake, exhaust, headers, cat bypass, and a 150 shot with of course complete fuel system fuel pump. fuel pressure regulator, I even drilled and tapped into my fuel rail please anyone theres nsx's with a 100 shot running 118mph on the quarter write back. Thank you

I just ran a 12.2 @ 117 with a 100 shot. What was your 60 ft? What is your fuel pressure? What jets are you running? 12.2 is good ,113 mph is not!

12.3 @ 116.4mph on the 100shot. (Street tires)
11.6 @120.5mph (Close estimates it's been about 6 months!) on the 150. Time really isn't the importance. It's the MPH that tells you the horsepower. I ran a 12.3 on the 150 shot with street tires, but still ran a 119mph trap speed.

Looks like you're down about 20 horsepower. It depends on the size pills you are running. Six nos pill sizes @ ??? You tell me. Fuel pill sizes? It might not actually add up to a 150 shot. And ALSO. I've found that if I ran more than a 125 shot without 104 octane, The NSX knock sensors will pull out timing and decrease the horsepower that way. Which leads me to another possibility, Did you turn off your TCS?!!! VERY important. Pull the fuse before you run anymore. May cause a very bad backfire.

Well I ran the car with 5 gallons on 110 octane my fuel pressure is at 45 psi my 60ft was a 2.020 I think the clutch has to be slipping did u ever run your car with the factory clutch did it slip It has the factory clutch with 44,000 miles original my car dosent even break the tires lose 1st or 2nd what fuel pressure u run at and u have a wet or dry shot and what jets u use does your car spin 1st it has to please write back.

I just read the original post again. you sid you weren't spinning in 1st gear or second. You should be RIPPING up the tires in first. Halfway through second. I'm definately thinking your TCS is still on. Didn't you connect the arming switch to the TCS button? It may not be turning off. Like I said, i just pulled the fuse in the engine bay. I hate the TCS. It's a crap program.

Nsxlr8 I have a 150 direct port and my fuel jets are 16 and my nos jets are 26. What fuel pressure are you running on idle and at full throttle I run 45psi What are your jets sizes if you dont mind me asking and also they tould me with a 150 shot that the sleeves start to walk is that true I really doubt it if the car is not pinging please help also you've never had a problem with that type of shot 250 two stage WOW you've never poped the engine or bent a valve or anything once again Thank you everyone for helping me I dynoed 382hp at the wheels and 323tq at the wheels on 4th gear not 3rd they tould me 1 to 1 on our cars is 4th.

What do u mean by disconnecting the arming switch to the tcs button If i pull out the fuse from the engine bay thats it bye bye TCS dont have to worry about it anymore no more yellow light and no more having to worry about turning it off yeah I did remember to turn it off because Im scared of having a nasty backfire not a pretty sight I try that pulling the fuse Please if you dont mind what are your nos and fuel jet sizes.

My max pressure under zero vacum (Full throttle) is 48psi. (I have a permanent gauge) My system is also wet, but NOT Direct Port. I have two individual foggers at the throttle. One is set for a 150 - 62 nos and 36 fuel. the other is set for a 100 shot (Stage II) 52 nos and a 31 fuel. I've only run both stages twice. (250) Coolant gets pressurized everytime! (Cylinders may be walking, gasket may be leaking. no proof yet, I havent removed them to see. (Soon though - he, he) I'm guessing my car is spitting out more like 400+hp at the wheels (4th Gear is what I dyno with) If you have a 3.0 liter with headers, you should be pumping about 255-265 hp w/out nitrous. Add about 140hp @ the wheels for the 150 shot to those numbers. It looks like you're getting an extra 125 to the wheels. Did you dyno your car stock?
What did you think about the TCS comment?

I'm sorry. There was someone who connected their Arming switch to their TCS button. It might not have been you. I'm just confusing you more. I'm sorry. But when you pull the fuse, there will be a tcs light that pops up.

and yes, the 400+ hp to the wheels is only with the 150 shot. I don't like to do the 250 shot. It's just scary to see the system pressurize like that. No bent parts though.

Yes your right i dynoed 267 at the wheels on motor and 382 on juice what is your fuel ratio on juice and how long have you been spraying the car with a 150 I only got an extra I 115 to the wheels on juice you could be right I called the NOS tech line and they tould me to go with a 26 nos and 20 fuel way to rich the car was running real fat Im still running fat with a 16 fuel they tould me that would be a 150 shot 26 20 but I dont know what did u do to the wheels on motor and on juice Thanks

you obviously need to be running a 25 shot at each nozzle. I'll look up the pill numbers when I get home tonight. I'll check them against a 45psi system. Nos might have quoted you a 55psi system.. I also use Nitrous express. It just has proven better. Do you have a nitrous filter? is it limiting your solenoid to max hp? So many things. My stock nsx - NO upgrades ran @ 244hp corrected to the wheels (255 uncorrected) I've since added intake and exhaust. With the 100 shot, I ran 352hp to the wheels. (Sounds like more than a 100 eh?) but that was with the 52 pill. I haven't dynoed with the 150 shot, and I've never run the air fuel test. So, no helpful information there. I'll let you know tomorrow. Later.

Yes your right i dynoed 267 at the wheels on motor and 382 on juice what is your fuel ratio on juice and how long have you been spraying the car with a 150 I only got an extra I 115 to the wheels on juice you could be right I called the NOS tech line and they tould me to go with a 26 nos and 20 fuel way to rich the car was running real fat Im still running fat with a 16 fuel they tould me that would be a 150 shot 26 20 but I dont know what did u do to the wheels on motor and on juice Thanks

You may want to use "." in your sentences.
biggrin.gif

Not spinning the tires in 1st or 2nd is the first sign that your clutch is slipping. If your running the stock clutch, it will definitely slip even when new. You should run a high performance clutch. I have been running the Comptech Street/Track Clutch for about two years and it works well, but I'm all motor (3.2) so I don't have your HP.

Also, as 4g62bt2c30a pointed out, your MPH is low. This definitely indicates that you timing is being retarded at the end of your run. Why because 12.2 with a 2.0 60’ time is respectable time. It indicates that you car is pulling hard most of the way down the track and dropping off at the end. With a good clutch and tires you should be around 11.9 @ 118. So I suspect that as you progress down the track, the heat starts to build and you probably begin to detonate in 4th at which point your computer retards the timing. You might want to try a cold air intake. The other possibility is that your letting off before the end of the ¼ mile.

Another reason that I thought of (As to why your MPH's are low) Corresponds with the Theory above. your speed is decreasing at the end of the track because your bottle is losing pressure. Do you have a bottle warmer? How long do you warm it before you take a run? I've had this happen to me lots. If it's cold outside and the bottle is cold, I'll turn on the warmer and the bottle pressure rises quickly. Problem is, right after I start spraying, the pressure drops rapidly. (Hot pockets in the bottle) as soon as the pocket has escaped, the pressure is just dead waaay before the end of the quarter mile. So. Important question.... Do you Have a Bottle Warmer? It Helps in the extreme!

Yes I have the NX warmer which turns off at a 1000psi I called NOS and they tould me i was the luckiest guy on earth they said theres no way possible that I could have that set they said not even pro stocks run that lean they said the plungger or the piston on the solenoid must be bad or not opening all the way or that theres something clogging it they theres no way in the world that set up is possible they said i will melt something if the problem happens to fix itself so im not spraying no more im gonna take the system apart and check everything they tould me to check the rubber and make sure it dosent have a nipple.

Yes I have the NX warmer which turns off at a 1000psi I called NOS and they tould me i was the luckiest guy on earth they said theres no way possible that I could have that set they said not even pro stocks run that lean they said the plungger or the piston on the solenoid must be bad or not opening all the way or that theres something clogging it they theres no way in the world that set up is possible they said i will melt something if the problem happens to fix itself so im not spraying no more im gonna take the system apart and check everything they tould me to check the rubber and make sure it dosent have a nipple.

Just had another thought about this...... What do you have your base timming set at?

I just installed a 50 shot wet system on my 92 on I went 12.5 @ 114 on 255/17 street tires. I have I/H/E, short gears, R&P and RM clutch. I could go faster with a better short time(2.1), but I havent had the chance to run it again. I was running 13.3 @103 without the spray, so the 50 shot is just enough for me, good acceleration without too much wheel spin.

Um. I beg to differ. Unless the 103mph time is BEFORE the I/H/E install. Sounds like you're running a 100 shot. What size nitrous pill are you running?

11 mph is ALOT of horsepower. What were your corresponding 60 ft times on those 2 runs? Just curious. Great times either way. What was your 1/8 et and mph?

------------------
Jason

I am using a wet NOS kit with 37/22 jets(50 shot) I ran 5 runs without the nitrous between 13.3@103 -- 13.7@102 with 60ft times between 1.9-2.6(the 1/8th mile times are not on the time slips). I then ran 5 runs with the nitrous between 12.5@114 -- 13.1@112 with 60ft times between 2.1-2.7. It was about 75 degrees and I am on the Gulf Coast at sea level. I called NOS tech today to make sure what shot I was running and those are the correct jet sizes for a 50 shot. I too was very surprised on how much gain the kit gave me, I thought I would move to a 75 shot, but not now, 12.5 is fine for me. My mods are RM cold air intake with custom made heat shield, Comptech headers, Apexi exhaust, RM short gears, RM ring and pinion, RM clutch, 17x10 ATP Italia rear wheels using Nitto 555 255/40/17. thanks

Back