05 Nsx

NSXPOWER said:
I Am Planing To Get A 05 Nsx. But Worry If The New Nsx Will Come Out In The Next 3 Years. If You Were Me. Will You Wait Or Just Get It? Thank You!

We would be asking the same question, if we were you. :wink:

Really, If the car is everything that you would want in a car now then buy it. If you think there will be a replacement and you want to wait, then wait. I know how it is to W-A-I-T. :frown: (inside) The current NSX is a nice car, I would buy it now. I wouldn't wait for something that may or may not be coming.
JAO

how important to u is it to you to have a brand new one?

They are relatively unchanged since 2002. Save yourself a few thousand dollars and buy an '02 or '03 with like 5000 miles if it's not too important. These cars (except brand new like all cars) don't depreciate very fast you would be safe buying a couple year older one and not losing too much if u want a next gen when/if they ever come out.

just my $0.02 good luck mate!

Then you should get 02 instead of 05, so if "HSC" or "new NSX" does come out, you can sale the 02 without losing too much.

JMO :biggrin:

I think it's going to come out in the end of 2006. Then again, it's probably in the 100K range due to the demand for it.

I agree that if you are inclined towards the next generation NSX, if and when it is ever built and released to us the consumer, then buy the '02 and enjoy driving it until the new car comes out in like 3 years or something. Then sell the '02 and buy the '09 or whatever it will be.

If you are the type that buys a car and keeps it 10 years regardless of what the manufacturer does with new models, then buy the '05 and negotiate a killer deal.

Good luck.

I was in the same boat as you. I got tired of the waiting game. So, I decided to get a used NSX. It doesn't drop much in value. drive it until the new one is on sale(IF it is on sale). Then sell it or trade it in.

btw, WE ARE ALL WAITING FOR THE HSC. Hoewver, NONE of us know if the HSC has gotten the green light as of yet. :frown:

I faced the same dilemma. I'd never leased a vehicle before, but I thought the lease program on the NSX was too good to pass up. I get a brand new NSX that has a set residual value in 36 months whether the new NSX comes out or not. I know I'm in the minority in thinking that when the new NSX comes out the current model/style will depreciate significantly because it has been essentially the same for so long. At the end of the lease, if a new style NSX is out, I throw my keys on their desk and buy the new style. If no new NSX, then I can purchase mine for $52K and have a car with a perfectly known owner history. Plus, I'd have one of the last great NSXs. The effective interest rate on the lease was less than 2%, so if I buy the car at the end of the lease, the lease has cost me very little. I have always paid cash for vehicles or done small amount of financing, and I don't think leasing is always the way to go. In fact, I would probably not lease any other car like a 911 etc. because Porsche is not as desparate as Acura to move cars with lease incentives. It was a specific circumstance that seemed logical to me, anyway. So, I'm not promoting leasing in general, just this particular lease on this particular car. I know others on here disagree, and that's fine. Just wanted to share my thoughts with you to give you some different perspective. No matter what you do, get an NSX. Whether it's a 1991 or a 2005, you will love it. It's a great car with a great forum of people to help you. Take care and good luck. :smile:

Hey Doc,

What is your lease payment per month and what does it include. Was there a cap reduction(ie money down) and how much was that. The residual of $52,000 after 3 years seems low. I'm trying to learn how to better understand leasing.

Thanks

Pmt is $799/month. I don't have docs here at work, but will be happy to give info to you when I get home. I'll PM you with info.

I am new to here. I just moved from S2kI.com to here. I used to own a S2000 for 3 years. thanks everyone!!!. now can anyone tell me where I can get Marga Hills side skirts and TAITEC Rear Diffuser cheap?? how much do they usally cost? I know I should post this at somewhere else...but ppl I know u all nice here. help me out =)

NSXPOWER said:
I am new to here. I just moved from S2kI.com to here. I used to own a S2000 for 3 years. thanks everyone!!!. now can anyone tell me where I can get Marga Hills side skirts and TAITEC Rear Diffuser cheap?? how much do they usally cost? I know I should post this at somewhere else...but ppl I know u all nice here. help me out =)

Try here.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43930

Back