05 Mustang Gt

Attended a Ford Seminar hosted by Rick Titus for intro on 05 FORDs. Drove the 500 and the Freestyle on an Auto -X course but the Mustang GT was the main event.

Rick Titus (son of Jerry Titus, Caroll Shelby's GT350 ACE) spoke highly of the upcoming FORD GT...

DSCF0705.jpg

DSCF0706.jpg

DSCF0719.jpg

DSCF0707.jpg

DSCF0708.jpg

This new Mustang GT really brings back memories of my 67 GT
:cool:

The concept looked a lot better to me. That car does nothing for me and the interior is HORRIBLE.

I was told that the concept was something of a GTR type car that would be produced true to form. The GT has always looked like the car pictured here...

I like it a lot.

Spartan,
What did you think of the Mustang? Overall impression?

the interior is HORRIBLE.
Viper,
I guess you haven't spent much time in the current generation Mustang then.:( ANYTHING would be an improvement.
BTW, is you TL an automatic or manual?

92NSX said:
I guess you haven't spent much time in the current generation Mustang then.:( ANYTHING would be an improvement.

Yes, the current interior is really bad also. So was the 98 I had. I just really hate the gauges in the 05. It looks like the 70's! arg.. hate it.

My TL is auto. I don't see the point in shifting in a sedan.

92NSX said:
Spartan,
What did you think of the Mustang? Overall impression?

Viper,

I do like it a lot, brings back memories. If you are into the classic Mustang of the 60's then you will surely appreciate the new look. The gauges were carbon copy of the 60's.. Sweet....

I have my name on one, so will see what happens come October. They are supposed to be priced slightly higher than the current Mustangs (2-3%).

Now the FORD GT will be something else, this is what the NSX should have been.

cheers

spartan2-3 said:
Now the FORD GT will be something else, this is what the NSX should have been.

cheers

I don't think the Ford GT would be a very good daily driver. It also has no trunk whatsoever. So, No, it is not what the NSX should have been.

Yeah, the 98 has pretty much the same interior. Now don't get me wrong, I don't think the new interior is the greatest ever but rather a lot better than what they have now.

As for the TL, I was dead set on getting the manual but after driving one, the doubt bug is sitting on my shoulder whispering to me. I only took the car for about 10-15 mins so I didn't get a real good feel for it in that time anyway. The salesman rode with me and I didn't feel comfortable driving it the way I wanted to with him in it. Will take it again alone and put it thru it's paces a little more.
I trust that ya'll are happy with the car though.

NetViper said:
No, but how many cars with 550HP and TQ with no luggage space make good daily drivers?

I for one do not drive my NSX as a daily driver so Trunk space, fuel economy, feather touch clutch is all irrelevant to me.

You want Trunk space then may I suggest the new "500" it will hold 8 Golf Bags...yupppp "eight golf bags" with a 6 speed Automatic Transmission (8 speed auto will be out within 18 months)..:D

Back