05 G35 Sedan blk on blk help with modifying

baynsac

Hello Prime,
I have an 05 g35 sedan blk/blk that I am getting bored with but still like to keep around. I was thinking of doing the VIP look to it with some rims and lowered. I have never done this to any of my cars before. So what do I need suspension wise to lower this car to where it gives me that look i am looing for?
and any wheel suggestions?
Also any Quality body kits for this car? I know there is alot of stuff for the Coupe but the Sedan I havent seen much quality stuff.

check out g35driver.com

Some of my favorites to inspire:

No words needed....sickest gathering of Sedans in one place at one time...PERIOD!

Here are my pics minus the ones that I'm pitching to a magazine. Hopefully we'll get see some of us in print!

Can't believe Cal, Grant and I shot 9 cars in like 2.5 hours!:pics:

G35Papa
DSC_0651copy.jpg

DSC_0656copy.jpg

DSC_0664copy.jpg

FlyingLumpia
DSC_0669copy.jpg

DSC_0672copy.jpg

DSC_0674copy.jpg

SDGenuis
DSC_0685copy.jpg

DSC_0679copy.jpg

OCG35
DSC_0687copy.jpg

DSC_0694copy.jpg

SouthBayGSedan
DSC_0707copy.jpg

DSC_0700copy.jpg

4Dr.Madness.
DSC_0713copy.jpg

DSC_0719copy.jpg

DSC_0718copy.jpg

Ttrank
DSC_0724copy.jpg

DSC_0733copy.jpg

DSC_0741copy.jpg

DSC_0737copy.jpg

G Sedan
DSC_0765copy.jpg

DSC_0768copy.jpg

DSC_0769copy.jpg

CandlestickPark
DSC_0770copy.jpg

DSC_0775copy.jpg

Some other random shots all lined up...

DSC_0760.jpg

DSC_0746.jpg

DSC_0748.jpg

DSC_0747.jpg

DSC_0750.jpg

DSC_0751.jpg

DSC_0753.jpg

DSC_0754.jpg

DSC_0758.jpg

Synth19 Dude your the Man!! thanks for the pics. I really needed to see some ideas. Everyone got those big brakes (i cant even afford them for the g35 lol)

But What I really need to know is what suspension to use to lower it so it sits flush n slammed like the cars in the pics above?
like which springs and shocks?
also if I should go with 18,19, or 20 wheels?

Snyth,

I must admit, have some great taste in rides. Your NSX is one of my fav's, and the style is similar to my own. Very hot! :wink: Keep hitting us with these hot pics!

You should get these 19 inch Prodrive GC-014i forged wheels listed in the general classified section.
Steve

Attachments

• Prodrive2.jpg
    Prodrive2.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 393
  • Prodrive.jpg
    Prodrive.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 352
  • prodrive3.jpg
    prodrive3.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 342
  • prodrive4.jpg
    prodrive4.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 422
  • prodrive5.jpg
    prodrive5.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 360
I wish I could help more, but unfortunately I do not know all of the options for the sedan. I know for sure Tein has a coilover setup, as well as KW3. My buddy picked up a set of stance for his sedan which SLAMMED his car. Check out g35driver, do a search on coilovers in the sedan section. I'm sure you'll find some helpful threads. GL!

Here's my buddy's G on Stance with 18" work meisters.

27.jpg

Synth19 Dude your the Man!! thanks for the pics. I really needed to see some ideas. Everyone got those big brakes (i cant even afford them for the g35 lol)

But What I really need to know is what suspension to use to lower it so it sits flush n slammed like the cars in the pics above?
like which springs and shocks?
also if I should go with 18,19, or 20 wheels?

Last edited:
Typically, 350z offsets are MUCH more aggressive then what is workable with the sedan. I haven't seen the thread though in question....

I agree.

When I traded my G35 coupe I took my aftermarket staggered 19" wheels from that car and put them on my wife's G35x sedan. On the sedan the wheels don't "tuck" completely in the rear and will "rub" when the suspension is compressed (turning left or right with 2 rear passengers or a full trunk). On the other hand the same wheels fit perfectly with no rubbing on the coupe.

The rubbing pisses my wife off to no end and she is still angry that I "gave away" her sedan's OEM 17" alloys which I put onto the coupe when I traded it. No matter how much I tell her that it looks better she doesn't seem to understand...

She's partially right though... I don't think I should have put a staggered setup onto an AWD equipped vehicle. The AWD system doesn't seem to like them as I only realized in hindsight. By the time that I realized it was too late because the dealer had sold my coupe within 1 day of my trade!

On the plus side my wife is using my OEM coupe performance package gunmetal 18"s as her winter wheels...

Last edited:
There's no way I can get excited about modifying my G sedan. G35driver.com just disappoints me as a whole as well.

If I were going for the VIP look, I'd be going for a Y33 or Y34 and leave the G alone ( probably sell it to get said vehicle ). I would probably go very mild on the camber as well since that gets a bit ridiculous.

I would rather leave the G OEM, but that's up to you if you would like to inject new life into her. I'd rather sell and buy an S2000 haha.

Last edited:
There's no way I can get excited about modifying my G sedan. G35driver.com just disappoints me as a whole as well.

If I were going for the VIP look, I'd be going for a Y33 or Y34 and leave the G alone ( probably sell it to get said vehicle ). I would probably go very mild on the camber as well since that gets a bit ridiculous.

I would rather leave the G OEM, but that's up to you if you would like to inject new life into her. I'd rather sell and buy an S2000 haha.

S2000 NO WAY!! I wouldnt even trade it for an supercharged s2000. Those cars are too small for me and not that good looking. But I am not fan of small cars.

The Nsx is done for now. So I want to finish off the G35 sedan. I was wondering if anyone can find few parts for the Infinety.

I am looking for the Front grille and front bumper. Like in Pic I posted below pic 1 and pic 2.

I want the dual exhaust like pic 3 and the rear bumper like pic 3. and the side skirts?

Anyone know where I can find them for a good price:confused:

Attachments

• inf.jpg
    inf.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 439
  • inf1.jpg
    inf1.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 374
  • inf2.jpg
    inf2.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 424
Front bumper looks the greddy kit and I'm guessing the rest is too. I used to have a G35 and bought Klumzyee's replica nismo front bumper from him on G35driver in the vendor section. He sold pretty much every aftermarket body part available. A lot of people bought his greddy bumpers too. I don't know if he is still there or not, I haven't been on the site in a long time since I don't have a G35 anymore (very glad I don't).

Hope you find what you're looking for.

Last edited:
Front bumper looks the greddy kit and I'm guessing the rest is too. I used to have a G35 and bought Klumzyee's replica nismo front bumper from him on G35driver in the vendor section. He sold pretty much every aftermarket body part available. A lot of people bought his greddy bumpers too. I don't know if he is still there or not, I haven't been on the site in a long time since I don't have a G35 anymore (very glad I don't).

Hope you find what you're looking for.

Thanks for the info bud. How come your so glad to get rid of it, You didnt enjoy the car much? Just wondering.

S2000 NO WAY!! I wouldnt even trade it for an supercharged s2000. Those cars are too small for me and not that good looking. But I am not fan of small cars.

Since my post I also got rid of my G35. Needed to free up cash and couldn't stand the interior rattles anymore. The VQ sounds like it may come apart around 5000RPM.

I would have absolutely traded for an S2000. Wouldn't have batted an eyelash.

Thanks for the info bud. How come your so glad to get rid of it, You didnt enjoy the car much? Just wondering.

While the engine is solid and I had no problems with it, everything else seemed to fall apart. I never tracked or raced the car. Just lots of annoying things in addition to the electrical nightmare. There are other reasons as well but I won't get into it. I don't regret getting it, but I would never get another. But I'm not everyone. You may enjoy the car and may get lucky and have none of the familiar problems for years to come.

Like usadarkhorse said, I would prefer an s2000. I didn't get one originally because of the size but now in my current situation I'm sure I could use one just fine.

Last edited:
Thats funny as I dont have any rattatling noise or problems with my G35 sedan. Its a nice sedan. But hey to each thier own, like I wouldnt buy a s2000 even if its half its price, just dont like the car looks not that nice to ME, too small for me, no power, looks like a miata.
Anyhow my first choice would be a lexus sedan 430.

Yeah it's like you said. To each his own. I agree with the 430. Very nice full-size sedan and many people drive high mileage ones with no problems.

I have an M35 right now which I am trying to sell right now. Wonderful car as well. Infiniti did a much better job putting this together. I'm just bored and need something fun to drive. That's why I would take an S2000.

Last edited:
Back