'04 Imola CTSC on E Bay jh4na21634s000035

Under this forum category and regarding NSX research and history, a tidbit:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ACUR...oryZ5337QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

On E Bay Motors now is what MIGHT be the LAST imola orange made for the North American NSX market. It is a 2004, made at the Suzuka Assembly late in the model year after production moved from Tochigi. Onyx interior, CTSC package. Wonder if the owner visits here? :biggrin:

I have seen no 2005 NSX's in Imola, have you?

Re: '04 Imola CTSC on E Bay

wow

alum04org said:
Under this forum category and regarding NSX research and history, a tidbit:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ACUR...oryZ5337QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

On E Bay Motors now is what MIGHT be the LAST imola orange made for the North American NSX market. It is a 2004, made at the Suzuka Assembly late in the model year after production moved from Tochigi. Onyx interior, CTSC package. Wonder if the owner visits here? :biggrin:

I have seen no 2005 NSX's in Imola, have you?

Absolutly love that car! Id get some new rims possibly and have another dream car:biggrin:

Why is the motor so filthy? My 10 year old car with 40,000 miles on it, also lives in a heated garage under a cover the same as the e-Bay car and my car motor is spotless. Looks like that car has spent time in a repair shop or outside. I know it didn't get that way at Comptech. Loads of dirt for "only" 2800 miles. But what do I know. :confused:

Last edited:
Yeah, something is just not right about that. The ad clearly states it has CT airbox but that looks like the OEM one. Maybe it has a CT air filter but it is misleading if that is the case.
:confused: :confused: :confused:

I have tracked a few cars before and that is way too much dust from a few spins. But you may be right the wheels do have more than a few chips on them. My 91 Accord with 193,000 miles gets a good enough bath to clean the engine bay and it's only worth a few thousand dollars. I would think an 04 NSX would get at least the same treatment. I think my dinner is ready, I smell something fishy. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Nimbus said:
There sure are alot of dust in the engine bay with only 2k miles. Spun out at the track maybe?

The guy probably works in construction and drove the car to the job sight everyday....washed it once in awhile. I've seen this sort of thing before. Kinda sad if you ask me...

dust comes off guys, no big deal. water and soap! however, the issue is driving it under those dusty conditions messes up the internals (hopefully the air filter caught all of it). Also, if anyone decides to rub against the paint under dusty conditions leaves permanent abrasions on the clear coat.

however, I would not eliminate this car purely based on the dust on the engine. yes it's not pretty, but it can clean up nicely I am sure. If all else checks out it's probably an OK car.

Just kinda odd that the rest of the car appears to be in excellent condition but the engine looks that way. And since he installed a CTSC it proves that he knows the engine is back there but apparently doesn't think it needs cleaning also?:confused:
If you wanna show it off, hence no cover, then clean it up for goodness sake.:frown:

The concern is not about the engine bay being dirty, sure just wash and clean it. The concern is WHY the engine bay is that dirty with only 2k miles, under normal driving conditions most of the time does not look like that.

Nimbus said:
The concern is not about the engine bay being dirty, sure just wash and clean it. The concern is WHY the engine bay is that dirty with only 2k miles, under normal driving conditions most of the time does not look like that.
That is exactly right. Just couldn't express it quite a the same way you have. Good job.

Hmmmmmmmmmm, I think the body shop didn't clean the engine bay after they fixed the wreck damage. Wash and dry the outside, that's it.:frown:

92NSX said:
Yeah, something is just not right about that. The ad clearly states it has CT airbox but that looks like the OEM one. Maybe it has a CT air filter but it is misleading if that is the case.
:confused: :confused: :confused:

The Comptech high flow airbox is only the bottom half of the airbox and a different filter element, not the cover. You have to buy the top in carbon-fiber as a separate piece. Otherwise, you just use the OEM top. My car was like this until I just had to replace the top with the cf one.

It says all the work was done at Pikes Peak Acura. Maybe he did a Pike Peak hill climb after he had the SC put on and it made the engine bay all dusty. :biggrin:

It is not a good shot, but it looks like the driver side floor mat is pretty dirty too under the gas pedal.
The aftermarket rims look like they have not been taken very good care of either.

DONYMO said:
The Comptech high flow airbox is only the bottom half of the airbox and a different filter element, not the cover. You have to buy the top in carbon-fiber as a separate piece. Otherwise, you just use the OEM top. My car was like this until I just had to replace the top with the cf one.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I didn't know it.:smile:

DonPablow said:
Why is the motor so filthy? My 10 year old car with 40,000 miles on it, also lives in a heated garage under a cover the same as the e-Bay car and my car motor is spotless. Looks like that car has spent time in a repair shop or outside. I know it didn't get that way at Comptech. Loads of dirt for "only" 2800 miles. But what do I know. :confused:

Look @ this pix. even the int is not spotless of a 2700mile car :confused:

af_12.JPG

I'll jump back into this one to say that when I posted 12-8-05 I wondered the same.... why WAS the engine compartment so dusty? :frown: Mine's not! :biggrin:
Did it sit for a long time awaiting/during CTSC install?
Did/does it have an owner (must not frequent Prime as he/she did not comment to my post) who has more money than polish?
Either way, this NSX may be worth pursuing if it is still available.
If you buy it, pls strap the OEM wheels back on it. :tongue: :tongue:

Back