04/05 silverstone on Mott St chinatown.

That's most likely Rich's car, he was at the last Mt. Fuji run.

This is 2nd time I have seen this car parked on Mott St in 3 months. You are brave soul parking in metered parking in Chinatown.

He must be addicted to bubbletea or can't live without Wo Hop :biggrin:

He must be addicted to bubbletea or can't live without Wo Hop :biggrin:

Who cant? I prefer Hop Kee on 21 Mott street:biggrin:

Who cant? I prefer Hop Kee on 21 Mott street:biggrin:

Hop Kee is like the red headed stepchild of Wo Hop HAHA
I actually dont like either bc its like Americanized Chinese food for tourist. If u want the authentic stuff Ill show u some great places

Totally agree, those Chinese joints mentioned have been sadly Americanized to cater to the tourism in Chinatown, heres a tip on how to spot a Americanized Chinese place: If there is Sesame chicken on the menu, chances are the place is not a authentic Chinese place:biggrin:

Totally agree, those Chinese joints mentioned have been sadly Americanized to cater to the tourism in Chinatown, heres a tip on how to spot a Americanized Chinese place: If there is Sesame chicken on the menu, chances are the place is not a authentic Chinese place:biggrin:

Very true and also any Chinese place where the wait staff dress like Dentist is a warning sign as well :)

Lol...its not so bad parking in Chinatown if you can find parking that is! Try Mr. Tangs, but ask for the special Chinese menu. They have meals for 2, 4, 6, and 8 people. I think I had a 5 course meal for $36 the other day and its authentic. Have a good one!

I usually stick to the 8th ave Chinatown in Bay ridge for good seafood! Shark Fin Soup FTW!

Very true and also any Chinese place where the wait staff dress like Dentist is a warning sign as well :)
is there a look??
105996OtVS_w.jpg
:biggrin:

I did not realize how many of you guys come out to nyc to eat. my fave place is Hop Lee , 16 Mott. Its right across the st from the Kid's place Hop Kee.

maybe we should hook up after work, I work in the wall street area.

i'm down for a local meet anyday.

I happen to like Hop Kee alot and its open late for the late night munchies. Chinatown Ice Cream factory rocks ..... love the lychee Sorbet.

i'll definitly come along for that :biggrin:

I say we meet up in the SOHO area and bar hop around Bleeker. Although I am reluctant to take my NSX to the city

Sounds like a plan to me :biggrin:

Come to think of it, we should all meet up at a hookah bar, hookah, not hooker :)

Back