02 NSX Keyless an option??

Is this true? Just looked at a beautiful 02 Silverstone tonight with 6600 miles on the odometer. The owner told me the keyless is an optioni for the 02 but became standard for the 03, am I hearing this right? Should I get the keyless system from Acura and is this something pretty easy to install myself? I'm thinking the car came pre-wired and all I need is to plug the control module to it (if I find it).. hehe How much will the keyless cost me from Acura or should I just get an aftermarket alarm altogether? If so, which brand will be good for the NSX-T?

In addition, what will be the good price for this car which is very clean, almost no rock chips on the front bumper. Zero dents or scratches on the paint surface. All the panels line up and non of the bolts were ever removed for any body work. With only 6600 miles, silverstone exterior and onyx interior and bone stock ? I went over the car with a fine comb and everything checked out. The only thing that bothered me was that the front two tires are worn out on the inside. Is this normal even when the car only has 6600 miles? The seats are both in wonderful condition and everything works on this car. Still has 2 years left on factory warranty. What do you think?? Thanks, Randy

I found the answer to the keyless being an option in the FAQ.. Thanks.

I still would like to know about getting the OEM keyless system and what will be a good price to purchase this car with. Thanks again.

Randy,

You can find many of the answers to your questions in the FAQ and/or by doing a search on previous topics in these forums.

Sancho said:
The owner told me the keyless is an optioni for the 02 but became standard for the 03, am I hearing this right?
I believe it became standard for the '04, not for the '03.

Sancho said:
Should I get the keyless system from Acura and is this something pretty easy to install myself?
It depends on how mechanically inclined you are.

Sancho said:
How much will the keyless cost me from Acura
It lists for around $500. You can get it for $384.60 from A&H, and probably even less from some of the dealers like Niello and Goodson who offer parts discounts to members of the NSX Club of America.

Sancho said:
what will be the good price for this car
See the Pricing section of the FAQ.

Sancho said:
The only thing that bothered me was that the front two tires are worn out on the inside. Is this normal even when the car only has 6600 miles?
Yes. Wear is more even if the car is driven fairly aggressively, with occasional hard cornering.

Back