02 in Omaha

Yes...I can comment on this.

There was a post mid-last year where a guy had bought a 2005 brand new from Acura and later discovered that one of his quarter panels was missing the manufacturers vin number or specific number for that panel. I tried searching for it here on PRIME but couldn't find the exact thread. I *think* that specific car had been damaged at port, repaired correctly, and sold as a new car as this happens alot. Can't remember though the actual outcome nor knowing if in fact each panel should have a VIN number sticker or specific panel sticker.

Let me try the search function again.

I searched and found a older post where LUD (NSXPrime owner) said that VIN stickers appeared on all panels from model year 2000 - 2005.

I'll keep searching to see if I can find the specific thread I was looking for...

Yes...I can comment on this.

There was a post mid-last year where a guy had bought a 2005 brand new from Acura and later discovered that one of his quarter panels was missing the manufacturers vin number or specific number for that panel. I tried searching for it here on PRIME but couldn't find the exact thread. I *think* that specific car had been damaged at port, repaired correctly, and sold as a new car as this happens alot. Can't remember though the actual outcome nor knowing if in fact each panel should have a VIN number sticker or specific panel sticker.

Let me try the search function again.

Yes, it was my car. It's still not resolved yet. :frown: Supposedly, there was no record of repair at the port. Yes, each panel needs to have a VIN sticker from the factory.

Original thread here, in case you didn't find it:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89393

Back