02+ Acura NSX vs. 01+ Porsche 911 Carrera4

I'm sure some of you have driven both the 02+ NSX and a 01+ 911 Carrera4. What are your opinions of quality (fit, finish, feel), performance, maintainance costs, reliability, and other comments between the two vehicles?

Cruxader said:
I'm sure some of you have driven both the 02+ NSX and a 01+ 911 Carrera4. What are your opinions of quality (fit, finish, feel), performance, maintainance costs, reliability, and other comments between the two vehicles?

1st post huh..

Welcome to prime.

ok we got another NSX vs. blahhhh..:tongue:
do your self a favor

"P" car vs NSX has been discussed here countless times
Search b 4 u get flamed here in prime :wink:

Again it's your frist post, i guess prime folks will cut u some slack.

see links below:
NSX Vs Others

1989 Porsche 944 Turbo S vs. 1991 NSX
2003 996TT Or 03 NSX/w comptech SC
3.2 NSX vs 3.6 911T
96 to 98 C4S Porsche vs NSX
996 turbo, GT3 and 997S superior to NSX stock or modified??
996 VS Pre97 NSX
996 vs Z06 vs NSX
NSX A vs. Carrera 2/4
01 NSX-T vs 01 911 Cabrio (AMI AutoWorld magazine)

Last edited:
Oh welcome to the NSX forum, I think if you do a search you will find a lot of interesting articles with NSX vs Boxster. :rolleyes:

Cruxader said:

MrTPcar.jpg

Cruxader said:

Good fit and finish on both, excellent performance on both although I found myself a bit frightened to go to the outer limits of the C4 whereas the NSX makes me comfortable in exploring... reliability is good on both but better on the NSX... maintenance is less on the NSX... resale is slightly better with the NSX... The NSX is a lower cost of ownership than the C4, and IMO, a more fun car.

911's are dime a dozen everywhere. I get a lot of compliments on the NSX... people are drawn to it. Park it between 2 C4's and no one will even look at the Carreras. I like the seating position better in the NSX, and visually, the car does something for me... inside and out... the 911 doesn't.

I picked my NSX over a 996TT.

Straight line acceleration, pre 05 911 C4s is about same as the 97 spec NSX. Handling wise, the 911 is more fund to drive around, but you can push NSX to it's handling limit with more ease. 05 911 however, is a complete different animal, I drove my friend's 05 911C, the first gear felt faster, but when we drag the two cars, I beat him; however, the 911CS is a faster car, and the handling is very neutral, therefore, in terms of price point, 2006 911CS is a better value. Here is the kick, I will take my 03 NSX over the 997 911 any day, simply due to the history behind the NSX, and my sentiment towards the car.

Back