0-60 97-01 vs 02 up any differences

Could only find one 0-60 for the 02 which was 5.0 a few tenths slower than what I've seen for the 97-01 models. I know that there are no power differences so are the 02 and up models heavier?

As far as acceleration goes, many tests in Japan has indicated that they are identical.

The differences you see are most likely variances due to driving skill, and test conditions.

The '02+ are suppose to have a higher top speed due to revised aerodynamics, and slightly better handling.

From the reviews I've read in Japan, the increase in grip is due to the change in tire size.

WingZ said:
are the 02 and up models heavier?
The '02-04 NSX-T is 11 pounds lighter than the '97-01 NSX-T (curb weight 3153 vs 3164 pounds). For all practical purposes, the acceleration of both models is identical. Any slight differences you see are strictly due to the natural variability of any testing procedure.

(However, the '97-01 NSX Coupe is almost a hundred pounds lighter than the '97-01 NSX-T and that is good for a few tenths of a second.)

Cool thanks guy's

Eric5273 said:
I would guess the 11 lb difference is due to the 02-04 model not having the motors to flip up the headlights.
There are a lot of small differences - not just the headlights, but the wheels/tires, the front nose, the rear valence, the rear spoiler on the trunk lid, etc etc etc. Typically what happens is that one change adds a pound, another change subtracts three pounds, another pound up here, another pound down there... and when you add it all up, the difference is eleven pounds.

Personally, I think the best weight loss move was punching out all those little holes in the leather seats. :D

Nsxtasy.....you crazy man

Back