0-100-0 mph World Record!

That thing is fast, but it is far from a mclaren F1. The F1 has all the things you need to make it a daily driver. The Ultima is an eninge and chasis. That is about it.

gheba_nsx said:
Far... maybe... but not in performance. One full second means ages at that speed!

:cool:

No question it is faster, but you really can't compare the two cars from in any other way.

I thought a mini-car that had two motorcycle engines in it set the record??

Before this new record, the previous one was set a couple months ago by the Catheram R500. Previously it was owned by the DAX Rush of a friend of mine.

I find amazing that for around 80k$ you can buy a trackday car with a roof and driveablke on the street that is faster than everything less than a F3000!

Ferrari 360 Modena 14.12
Porshe 911 Turbo 14.20
Dodge Viper ACR 14.37
Chevrolet Corvette Z06 14.56
BMW Z8 15.06
Ford SVT Cobra R 15.29

I would guess 14.2-14.4... and the normal probably a 18s/19s. But this is a very rough guess...
:p

gheba_nsx said:
Ferrari 360 Modena 14.12
Porshe 911 Turbo 14.20
Dodge Viper ACR 14.37
Chevrolet Corvette Z06 14.56
BMW Z8 15.06
Ford SVT Cobra R 15.29

I would guess 14.2-14.4... and the normal probably a 18s/19s. But this is a very rough guess...
:p

If a Z06 runs 14.56, the FX500 should be closr to high 13's. Remember, it weighs the same and has 200HP more!

I tought about the Z06 comparison but what about braking? I am not sure ow the FX500 is equipped... and that is a big part of the 0-100-0 (you see this in the video of the Ultima). I was comparing the FX500 to the Porsche TT for my estimation.

But yes, I agree about the high 13 or 14.0.

Are you sure? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Because here are some of the cars figures that Autocar tested when the Caterham R500 amde the record and teh GSXR1000 was there...

Caterham R500 Evo: 10.73
Suzuki GSX-R 1000: 10.89
Enzo: 10.98
Porsche CGT: 11.63
Zonda S: 11.84
SLR: 12.13

You are a biker right? :p ;)
Bikers do not accept the fact that modern MONSTER cars outperform monster motorcycles... afterall a Formula 1 turns on a real track in 30% less time than a MotoGP!

You are a biker right?

I am a "biker"
I can easily except thar a real race car with 4 very wide wheels will alway outperform a real race M/C.

Can you except the fact that a real street bike will Decimate almost any street car? On the track or in a straight line.

The 10.89 time for the GSXR1000 is most likely for a lightly modded one. This is an $11,000 bike, that does low 10's in the 1/4 mile, on a 6inch rim with a 190 rear tire, can you imagine a highly modded one.

Also the GSXR1000 is no longer the king of HP in the motorcycle kingdom, it has many new rivals with 10 to 12 more HP stock.

Very funny! One can see the water coming out on the windscreen! :D

Greetings,
Thomas

Arata said:
I am a "biker"
I can easily except thar a real race car with 4 very wide wheels will alway outperform a real race M/C.

Can you except the fact that a real street bike will Decimate almost any street car? On the track or in a straight line.

The 10.89 time for the GSXR1000 is most likely for a lightly modded one. This is an $11,000 bike, that does low 10's in the 1/4 mile, on a 6inch rim with a 190 rear tire, can you imagine a highly modded one.

Also the GSXR1000 is no longer the king of HP in the motorcycle kingdom, it has many new rivals with 10 to 12 more HP stock.

I know bikes very well and I know they competely destroy cars in acceleration/braking, what is your point? :confused: I was not trying to put down bikes... afterall you see that what I posted show that they perform better than a Enzo. :eek:

The surprise comes only from the small manufacturers that produce real rockets like the DAX, Catheram, Ultima, ...

And mine was only an answer to the great exageration that a GSXR or whatever bike (even Valentino's Yamaha ;) ) would for sure not "do 0-100-0 before any of those cars are at 100". In reality the bike is even slower than "those cars"... again this does not put down the bike at all.

I am a little upset, my R500 lost its record! I was the only one in the U.S. that had one, I guess since I sold it I shouldn't worry about the record, but it still bugs me.

Is it just me or does the Ultima just not look right, I love the performance of the car but I can' t get past the looks. It looks to me like it rear ended something and it shortened the car by about a foot and lifted to roof by about 6". From the car guys that I know no one likes the looks of the car. Since it is just a fiberglass body, I don't know why they don't design it with a better looking body.

Gheba i was talkin about the first cars you posted with the 14 sec times, the 911TT, 360, etc.:D

Sig said:
It all depends on what brakes the car is running. With a good set brakes with the proper compound pads, I would imagine 13's are quite doable.
I suspect tire compounds would play an even larger role. While I haven't logged any acceleration runs yet, I too suspect 13's are quite doable.

I do know another FX500 car was just logged for 0-60 during a shake-down run after a tune session. 3.6 seconds on S03's with some traction challenges. The time was logged using the AEM. The poor guy that owns it hasn't driven it yet. Bet it's killing him. :D

KGP said:
I do know another FX500 car was just logged for 0-60 during a shake-down run after a tune session. 3.6 seconds on S03's with some traction challenges. The time was logged using the AEM. The poor guy that owns it hasn't driven it yet. Bet it's killing him. :D

Had to throw that in there didn't ya! No, I won't take your bet... as I know your assumption to be true. As noted in a different thread, my gfcp withdrawal symptoms are still in full swing. I suspect that I may be able to answer the sweet sounds of the gfcp call in near future though ;)

Back