‘91 Formula Red - New Owner 1 Month Update

Hello Prime,

Kevin here 👋🏽 I’ve been meaning to introduce myself here on the forums after posting on the Prime FB group.

I’ve been casually on the hunt on and off for an NSX over the past year or so, but nothing really came to fruition until more recently. It finally took me listing my Integra type S up for sale before I came to a realization that I really wanted to get into an NSX.

It wasn’t until I came across an NSX Prime FS post to where things started becoming real. After contacting the owner and keeping in touch the next few days, I booked a flight to Chicago to meet the owner and the NSX. I could immediately tell that the owner loved the car. From the way he talked about it, to how he shared stories and the various memories and friendships made during ownership, I immediately knew that this was the car that I had to get.

He shared with me that the original owner was a gentleman named Ken Sax, which oblivious me had no idea who this person was. He asked me to ask any of my friends who has an NSX if they knew of Ken and then give him a call back. Sure enough, the few buddies of mine that did have NSX’ knew exactly who Ken was 😅 the owner kept extensive documentation on the car, from memorabilia, to service records from Ken and himself, along with a stack of NSXCA copies over the years. He even included an original, unopened copy of car and driver from 1991 when the NSX was first debuted against other competitor vehicles.

Knowing the bit of history and getting to meet Warren helped solidify my decision to purchase the vehicle. Fast forward 1 month later into ownership and it still feels surreal to finally make one of my childhood dreams come true.

My plans for the car is to do an OEM+ build, keeping most of the car in semi stock form/appearance with small changes here and there. Some of the smaller changes so far: Honda front and rear garnishes, Zanardi shift lever / Type S shift knob, Type R shift boot and ceramic tint to combat this brutal Texas heat. Volk SE37K 17/18 setup and eventually H&R lowering springs to round out the wheel gap will probably be the biggest updates.

I hope you guys enjoyed me sharing a bit of my story and I look forward to being a part of this community. Cheers!

Attachments

• IMG_3037.jpeg
    IMG_3037.jpeg
    258.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3085.jpeg
    IMG_3085.jpeg
    148.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3087.jpeg
    IMG_3087.jpeg
    280 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3098.jpeg
    IMG_3098.jpeg
    256 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_8846.jpeg
    IMG_8846.jpeg
    342.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3785.jpeg
    IMG_3785.jpeg
    396 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3786.jpeg
    IMG_3786.jpeg
    474.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3193.jpeg
    IMG_3193.jpeg
    520.4 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Lol did Ken come with the car?:p

I would not do H&R springs, too low for the random shock like Bilstein/koni...get a prebuilt coilover like KW

Back