NA2 exhaust on NA1?

Hi guys. After a long wait, I finally recieved my ARC exhaust today. After quickly opening the box like a little kid on Christmas day, I find out its an NA2 exhaust and my car is a 92. What a bummer.

I really don't want to send it back, if I have to wait a long time for another one. What can I do to make it fit? I could delete the cats and make custom pipes, correct? Or would NA2 headers work also, right? Does anyone make adapters so I can use this exhaust on my vehicle? Any suggestions?

12558exhausts.gif

If this diagram is correct wouldn't you need to shorten the connection pipes as opposed to adding piping? Hope this works out for you.

Hey thanks for the diagram. I was trying to look under my car to see what it looks like. Either way, I would have to "add" a pipe, as I would be deleting the cats. Cause I sure as hell ain't gonna cut up that exhaust. But yes, if I was going to leave the cats in there, I would have to shorten the actual exhaust piping. I wouldn't mind leaving the cats in, but like I said, I don't want to cut the exhaust, its too pretty. Is what im saying correct? Please someone correct me if im thinking wrong.

Oh, heres a pic of the exhaust. Just to add some eye candy to the thread. :smile:

Attachments

• IMGP2259 (Small).JPG
    IMGP2259 (Small).JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 868
Thats sweet, I would just have a exhaust shop fab up some test pipes and install it. You can find a nicer solution later, btw I think member Vanchu is selling his stock NA2 headers and cats for like a $1k, check FS fourm.

Buy the matching NA2 headers and cats or test pipes and drop the boat anchor nasty manifolds.

Problem with that diagram is, it does NOT show the difference in lengths in the manifolds/headers and cats. The cats and headers/manifolds are different from NA1 and 2.

FASTEST EASIEST way is to delete the cats, and make test pipes. BEST way is to do it all NA2.

I might be wrong.... open to correction......

ashman said:
Thats sweet, I would just have a exhaust shop fab up some test pipes and install it.
Thats what I would do, if it works. The problem is that "I" am the exhaust shop. Being that Maui has so little resources, I, along with my friends would be the ones fabbing the test pipes. Where would I find the exhaust flange like how it is on the cat? The one that uses the donut gasket. If someone already made some conversion for what I need, I would rather just purchase it, than to have to make it.

drewdeezee said:
Wow! I'd get an NA2 NSX instead cutting into that exhaust.
LOL, I wish. Yeah, I don't plan on cutting it.

KooLaid said:
Buy the matching NA2 headers and cats or test pipes and drop the boat anchor nasty manifolds.
Thats also an option. I did some research and I see that some people with NA2's convert to NA1 headers & exhaust, so I guess I would just be doing the opposite?

If it works, im all for it. Thanks for all the suggestions and input guys. I just wanted to make sure that the NA1 and 2 exhaust components were interchangeable. I'll see what my bud at Mackin has to say tomorrow. If they would have me send it back or just keep it.

808NA1 said:
I see that some people with NA2's convert to NA1 headers & exhaust, so I guess I would just be doing the opposite?
Yes you would and you wouldn't be the first! So it is possible!

808NA1 said:
I just wanted to make sure that the NA1 and 2 exhaust components were interchangeable.
Complete systems are interchangeable but individual components aren't unfortunately. Some customising is required if you want to mix 'n match

AU_NSX said:
Yes you would and you wouldn't be the first! So it is possible!
Great! I feel more assured now.

AU_NSX said:
Complete systems are interchangeable but individual components aren't unfortunately. Some customising is required if you want to mix 'n match
Okay, so based on what I've gained from everyones input is, I can do the NA2 headers and cats, or just stick with NA1 headers and get custom test pipes made. I would love to do the headers now, but its not in my budget, as it wasn't planned. If someone knows where I could find premade test pipes that allow the NA1 headers to bolt to the NA2 exhaust, that would be a great help. Like I said, if im gonna have it made locally, im gonna end up being the one making it. I'd rather not. Im lazy.

808NA1 said:
I would love to do the headers now, but its not in my budget, as it wasn't planned..
Have a look at buying the OEM NA2 headers 2nd hand. They are considerably cheaper than the aftermarket ones.
808NA1 said:
If someone knows where I could find premade test pipes that allow the NA1 headers to bolt to the NA2 exhaust, that would be a great help.
I don't know of anyone who has actually done that so you may be out of luck there
808NA1 said:
Like I said, if im gonna have it made locally, im gonna end up being the one making it. I'd rather not. Im lazy.
I'm saying nothing :smile:

I noticed Vancehu has pretty much exactly what I need. The shop that did his test pipes did a real nice job. At first, I actually thought it was part of the Fujitsubo header package. That is 100X nicer than anything I would get done at any exhaust shop here. Well, I guess im faced with a few choices now. Just gotta make a decision. If anyone else has some new ideas, or knows where I could get those test pipes, feel free to chime in. Thanks guys!

Back