Have a Green '94 NSX? What color is your roof?

This is a survey. If you have a Green 1994 NSX, What color roof do you have, Green or Black?

According to http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/General/changesbyyear.htm "Keyed roof color to body color in late-year green cars (first 20(?) greens were with black roof)".

I'd really like to know exactly how many Green '94 NSX's had black roofs and what their VIN's are. Also, I'd like to know which VIN was the last of the black roofs. I have VIN #30 and have a black roof. I know VIN #69 has a green roof. What do you have?

------------------
1994 Green-black roof/tan, 5 speed
NSXCA 1650

Green cars were 29.3 percent of 1994 U.S. sales (150 of 512). Let's assume that the VINs went from RT000001 to RT000512. (Actually, I know they went as high as RT000517. I'm not sure why; they probably destroy a few for testing or something. But let's assume.)

If greens were uniformly intermixed with other colors, the 20th green car would have had VIN RT000068.

Don't be surprised if everyone with a green car with a lower VIN than #69 has a black roof, and everyone higher has a green roof.

Thanks Romeo,
Well said on the gruppeM too,
now, I understand why NSX owners with gruppeM exhaust love their exhausts so much
smile.gif

My gruppeM exhaust is version 3.

Thanks to Alex V. for bringing this exhaust to U.S.
smile.gif

Green roof #401

------------------
--
'94 NSX Brooklands Green Pearl/ Onyx
- 9k miles
- GruppeM Intake & Exhaust V.3
'01 M3 Laguna Seca Blue/ Grey

[This message has been edited by insx (edited 06 September 2002).]

'94 Green roof #157

------------------
'94 Brooklands Green Pearl/Black NSX
5-Speed

Originally posted by spartan2-3:
I saw a green one Today from Hilltop Auto Service, it was a 94 w/ green roof. He has 9K orig miles WOW!!!very clean car..He had Group M exhaust installed..sounds mean as hell...

Any sound clips of this exhaust on the net? Where is it available?

Yes, you can search on this forum under gruppeM exhaust sound, but the REAL LIVE sound is
different. Much better, also there is no gargle sound like in the clips. The sound is as loud as a thunder. Again, my exhaust is still in break-in period, it is going to transform to higher pitch.

Originally posted by insx:
Again, my exhaust is still in break-in period

I have never heard this before - there is a break in period on your exhaust?

Is this true for other exhasts too?

Why?

Thanks!

------------------
Nick M

91' Red/Black with Many Mods
99' Honda Odyssey with Many Kids

Please correct me if I am wrong:
as far as I learned from the other members in this forum and vendors, there is a break-in period for aftermarket exhaust.
The sound of an aftermarket exhaust is supposed to get better as more mileage driven.
Maybe others who have more tech experience can explain this
smile.gif

Sorry to bump this subject up but I can't believe I'm the only Green/black top NSX on this forum. No black tops out there?? Maybe I have the only black top Green 1994 NSX!......okay, just kidding.

------------------
NSXCA 1650

I did a search on NSXPrime forums and came up with two owners of green NSXs with black tops.

[email protected] (Redwood City, CA) has a green NSX with a black roof

It appears this owner may possibly have a green NSX with a black roof but I'm not 100%
sure from the pictures I saw. It appears to me that the car has a black roof.
[email protected] (St. Petersburg, FL)

There is another NSX owner in San Jose who attended our club lunch in August who has a green NSX with a black top but he hasn't shown up to the last south bay club lunch.

BTW, Litesokneecough, I tried emailing to the email in your profile but it keeps bouncing.

Vytas
91 Silver/Black

Thanks Vytas for the info. I'll try emailing the two and see what numbers I can find. Also, I just check my email and seems to be working for me; however, that email service is the worst. There are several times that I haven't been able to log in to access my account. I'll change my email in my profile to something a little more reliable.

Thanks again

------------------
NSXCA 1650

Originally posted by Vytas:
It appears this owner may possibly have a green NSX with a black roof but I'm not 100%
sure from the pictures I saw. It appears to me that the car has a black roof.
[email protected] (St. Petersburg, FL)

You're talking about Scott (TampaBayNSX-R), who reported above that his car has a green roof.

Back